CRKT Hammond A.B.C. Aqua Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glenn V

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these knives? If so, what is your opinion of it? Columbia River Knife & Tool claims that the knife is extremely corrosion resistant (AUS 8 steel) but I wanted to hear from someone who has dove with it in saltwater tell me what their experience has been. If your not familar with the knife, here is a link to CRKT's website.
http://www.crkt.com/abcaqua.html
Thanks

I've never used one, but custom knives are nice, although usually a tad expensive for something you'll probably lose.

He uses the blunt tip as a selling point, I prefer a Fairbairn.

I've had a few of their knives and I had problems with several of their folders. I've bought 3 or 4 of their fixed blades and have not had a problem with them. (The heat treat CRKT uses seems to leave the steel a bit soft.) AUS-8 is a decent steel and has a degree of corrosion resistance. AUS-6 would be better for a dive knife in terms of corrosion. AUS-6 is what CRKT uses for most of their knives, so I was suprised to hear that they used AUS-8 for this blade. Judging by the specs of this knife, it would probably be a decent choice. I've thought about trying one out, but have yet to handle on in person.

I just use a homemade dive knife that I made from a Victorinox paring knife.

Walter:
He uses the blunt tip as a selling point, I prefer a Fairbairn.

Do you ever hang out on www.bladeforums.com ?

That Fairbain would be great for underwater sentry removal!

Back
Top Bottom