Croaker Hole, we dove it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link Slmason. I would love to see the pics with this original thread too. My husband and I have recently taken an interest to cave diving and were told to look up the Croaker Hole. The story meteldector told in the initial post really grabs a diver's interest even more. I think we need a bit more cave experience before we venture into this one, but I'm sure we'll hit is one day ;-)
www.divingintocruising.com

I think we need a bit more cave experience before we venture into this one, but I'm sure we'll hit is one day ;-)
www.divingintocruising.com

Britton,

I've been reading up a little on your story and posts, and have taken a look at your and your husband's form in the water. Contrary to this great full speed ahead adventure you feel you've embarked on, before you get a single bit more experience in cave diving, you need to get a cavern course under your belt, and then get a bit of cavern diving experience. Once you've done that, you then need to get at least a little bit of extra equipment. Then you need to get an Intro to Cave course under your belt. Then, get a bit more cave experience.

Judging by the account of the dive above, once you have gone on to complete full cave and have had quite a bit of cave experience, you might consider the one described in this post. Some of the cues make it sound like it could be a hairy one if things go south.

You've got a 14 year old kid to think about. Don't kid yourself into thinking this stuff can't go all the way wrong.

b/r,
Eric

Britton,

I've been reading up a little on your story and posts, and have taken a look at your and your husband's form in the water. Contrary to this great full speed ahead adventure you feel you've embarked on, before you get a single bit more experience in cave diving, you need to get a cavern course under your belt, and then get a bit of cavern diving experience. Once you've done that, you then need to get at least a little bit of extra equipment. Then you need to get an Intro to Cave course under your belt. Then, get a bit more cave experience.

Judging by the account of the dive above, once you have gone on to complete full cave and have had quite a bit of cave experience, you might consider the one described in this post. Some of the cues make it sound like it could be a hairy one if things go south.

You've got a 14 year old kid to think about. Don't kid yourself into thinking this stuff can't go all the way wrong.

b/r,
Eric

I dove Croaker Hole with Metal on a later dive. It is a great little dive if you happen to own a boat and want to give it a try. There is very little cave or over head. Literally about 120 feet. While I have also taken a look at Britton's blog I will not be so draconian as some of the folks that have commented.
Having done all the same things I will just say your diving skills will be greatly improved if you take a cavern class. If you and your husband realy want to be instructors someday cavern and cave trim is the best for all types of diving. It is clean and keeps all the dangly bits out of the bottom regardless if it is silt or reef. Once you take a cavern class you too will look at a new OW diver with his gauge dragging across the reef and say Tuck it in dude!!!
Good luck with your adventure I hope you and your family realize the dream.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom