Croatia in August for caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breadface

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all!

I will be heading to Croatia for the august and was thinking about doing some cave diving. I have my advanced open waters but have only gone diving on vacation so I've only logged about 15 dives.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should stay to go diving for 4days? Any suggestions on getting the cave diving experience for a beginner? Many people suggest going to split.

Thanks in advance. Your recommendations would be so helpful!

Cave diving in Croatia with 15 dives? Interesting idea. Why don't you go for some wall and wreck dives there? Majority of the dive centers are on the seashore so they don't offer too much cave dives (if you mean freshwater caves). By the way, there are some nice caverns even for the less experienced divers for example near Brac or Korcula islands.

Breadface, there are apparently some amazing caves in Croatia (or Bosnia, anyway) but there is no developed cavern tour industry, the way there is in Mexico. The Bosnian caves are up in the mountains and not easy to access, and they are for trained cave divers only. Cave diving is a highly specialized kind of diving, and requires significant experience and a whole BUNCH of training. The only exceptions I know of are the cavern tours in MX, and a couple of large, "sanitized" caverns in Florida that accept open water divers.

I just finished my usual round trip in Croatia, I can share my experiences with anyone who msg me.
A brief note: it seems the more serious protection helps the underwater life, I saw more fish and more special animals than before. The water is getting warmer fast, it was around 22 Celsius degrees in the surface in the beginning of June. At 30 meters depth it was 12 in the north and 17 Celsius degrees in the south. The dive centers are working so it's easy to organize a dive trip for a few days with their help.

I'm looking for a dive buddy for a dive trip to Croatia Aug 8-18.

Back
Top Bottom