Crotch strap flexibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is the crotch strap as stiff as a regular weight belt? If it is, I would imagine that it would be extremely uncomfortable, at the least! My weight belt is 6 years old, probably used it on over 100 dives and it could still saw through a tree trunk. No way would that go between my legs!

I have another belt that is as pliable as can be. How stiff or how much resin is on the crotch strap?

I was going to title this thread "stiff crotch strap" or "crotch strap rigidity" but decided against it...

Is the crotch strap as stiff as a regular weight belt? If it is, I would imagine that it would be extremely uncomfortable, at the least! My weight belt is 6 years old, probably used it on over 100 dives and it could still saw through a tree trunk. No way would that go between my legs!

I have another belt that is as pliable as can be. How stiff or how much resin is on the crotch strap?

I was going to title this thread "stiff crotch strap" or "crotch strap rigidity" but decided against it...

We use resin reinforced webbing for our Hogarthian Harnesses, i.e. the main ~12ft piece of webbing.

The sewn crotch straps we furnish are made from a different 2" webbing. The crotch strap webbing is "soft edge" and has no resin reinforcement.

Tobin

We use resin reinforced webbing for our Hogarthian Harnesses, i.e. the main ~12ft piece of webbing.

The sewn crotch straps we furnish are made from a different 2" webbing. The crotch strap webbing is "soft edge" and has no resin reinforcement.

Tobin

The crotch strap isn't even noticeable. It's actually quite 'soft' compared to te rest of the rigs's straps.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom