Crotch Strap Material Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All:

I'm in need of replacing the webbing from my backplates. Usually, I would order the harnesses from Deep Sea Supply as I prefer the extra stiff webbing and the super soft crotch strap. I believe I can find reasonably stiff webbing for the harness but I have difficulty finding a crotch strap that is as soft as the one sold by Deep Sea Supply.

Stumbled on a website called strapworks.com. The business also sells Polypropylene webbing in addition to regular nylon webbing. Would there be any advantage over another? Also would anyone have a lead on a crotch strap as soft as the DSS units? Tried a Scubapro and a Dive Rite. Both were really stiff. I can feel the stiff edges on my inner thighs.

Appreciate any recommendations.

O.

Soft crotchstraps are great as long as you don't ride a powerfull scooter since soft straps won't lay flat under load. 80-110 lbs of pressure on a soft crotchstap that only has a quarter-inch of loadbearing surface will make your legs longer and crush other bits and pieces.
Since I have 3 LiFePO4 Gavin clones with very hot winds, my crotchstraps are as stiff as I can get them.

Michael

Hello All:

I'm in need of replacing the webbing from my backplates. Usually, I would order the harnesses from Deep Sea Supply as I prefer the extra stiff webbing and the super soft crotch strap. I believe I can find reasonably stiff webbing for the harness but I have difficulty finding a crotch strap that is as soft as the one sold by Deep Sea Supply.

Stumbled on a website called strapworks.com. The business also sells Polypropylene webbing in addition to regular nylon webbing. Would there be any advantage over another? Also would anyone have a lead on a crotch strap as soft as the DSS units? Tried a Scubapro and a Dive Rite. Both were really stiff. I can feel the stiff edges on my inner thighs.

Appreciate any recommendations.

O.

O...

Dive Gear Express (DGX)...all the widths...plus the soft spun material for crotch straps...

Buy it by the roll...or the running foot...also pre-finished crotch staps available in three widths...as well as ''ready to thread'' complete harness webbing kits with all the keepers/buckle/''D'' rings...

None better...

Best...

Warren

The DGX (Dive Rite) one is very stiff. Looking for an alternative. I wonder if the OMS one that they sell is softer.

The DGX (Dive Rite) one is very stiff. Looking for an alternative. I wonder if the OMS one that they sell is softer.

Make your own. Get 2" webbing used for waist straps for backpacks. It is soft and holds up well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom