CSSP ready?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mle_osu

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is CSSP ready for a 3mil??

Are YOU ready for CSSP in a 3 mil? Above 20' not too bad, mid-70's. Below that is just a little chilly. I read 70 deg at 30 feet last week. I was in a 3 mil WS with hooded vest and was fine. Shorty over 3 mil or 5 mil would be fine as well, I bet.

I wore a full 3mm last weekend, and was fine to about 25 ft. or so. As ZzzKing said, at 30 ft. it gets downright chilly. It wasn't a problem for me, since I like to dive with the fish and turtles and such, and most of them are in the top 20 ft or so. As far as actual temps, I was reading 76°-78°, and as he said, it was 70° at 30 ft. From there it just gets colder and darker.....LOL.

I dove ASP in April in a 3mil. It was 63 degrees. I regretted the decision almost immediately...

Firefyter:
It wasn't a problem for me, since I like to dive with the fish and turtles and such, and most of them are in the top 20 ft or so.

Makes me wonder if they are smarter then us some times?

I dove CSSP with a 3-mm two weeks ago...went through the plane...no cold problems. If you bounce up to about 18 feet every now and then, it's fine. I had gloves and a cap on.

Unless you are really cold natured, you'll have no problems.

I am still diving CSSP in a 5mil/gloves/hood,,that way I can dip down deeper and still be comfortable. Emily when are you diving the pond next??

Lukiedukie:
Makes me wonder if they are smarter then us some times?

I stopped wondering that years ago. We are some of the stoopidest aniamls on the planet. :)

texdiveguy:
Emily when are you diving the pond next??

I dont know - I need to get back in soon! Mel just got another tattoo so she'll be out for another week or so.

mle_osu:
I dont know - I need to get back in soon! Mel just got another tattoo so she'll be out for another week or so.

FYI--Surface Interval Scuba will be holding a 'Divers NIGHT Out' this Friday at CSSP from 6:30pm till 1am.....free eats and 2 schd. night dives,,,,with a PADI Night Diver spec. for $35. I hope we can hook up again this summer for some diving with you gals. :) Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom