Curacao and Sidemount diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're here to help. However, just bring your tank harnesses and all tanks become "sidemount". Oh, you might not get left and right valves, but tanks are tanks.

Yes I understand and agree. Its the DIN valve that is the real question. We were there for the last two weeks of January and the few dive shops we used didn't have DIN tanks.

ISTR seeing a few DIN tanks back when we stayed in AllWest Apts. Best to pick the op to dive with and check with them beforehand, of course.

]Most of the shops on Curacao use a central fill station. The good news is there are "pro" style valves (DIN or yoke) on many of the tanks.

The not-so-good news is that the gorillas that haul the tanks between shops and the fill station carry the tanks horizontally in the back of their pickups and distort the top of the valve enough to make getting that DIN insert removed very difficult.

Last edited:
We (Go West Diving) have DIN tanks available at both our locations - All West Apartments (only accessible to apartment guests), and at Playa Kalki. Both our locations are in Westpunt. We have our own filling stations to fill our tanks.

Best regards, and safe diving,
Andreas

Thanks Andreas. We dive Stealth rigs - would like DIN tanks - standard and opposing valves - long stems for bungies. Do you have that available?
We were the Curacao last two weeks of January this year. Our first time there. Really enjoyed it all. Rented a house in Coral Estates. 7 people (3 divers 4 non divers). We are looking at booking two weeks there again. Will look at your accommodations. Thanks

Go West and All West get my vote.
I spent about 10 days there last year and did exclusively tec sidemount diving with their cylinders. I just used the standard valves they have. No issues. Great diving in the house reef at both locations.

You can dive from one location to the other and make it a 2 hour dive each way. Plenty to see.

And you can also sign up for their daily boat dives.
Great crew, great shop, great diving.

Back
Top Bottom