Curacao bound in October any info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba guy ron

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well my wife and I decided to do a 1 yr anniversary on the Island. Gonna do a little diving, a little sight seeing and a little relaxing. We are staying at the Breezes for a week in mid October. Have a few questions.

1. Anyone have any experiences at Breezes?
2. How is the Reef out infront of the Breezes Resort
3. Any suggestions as to what is a must dive while on the island?
4. Any must do's when it comes to sight seeing?

All suggestions and input is greatly appreciated.

great. deffinitly a start since I'll also be doing sume underwater photography.

Hi scuba guy ron,

Staying at Breezes I recommend you take the trip to East Point and Klein Curacao with our OE colleagues - especially East Point is absolutely stunning. And you might think about renting a car and come out West for one day; I know everybody talks about Watamula and Mushroom Forest, but my favourite boat dives (I work for OEW) are Rediho (1st dive on our 2-tank trip on Mondays) and Kortape Point (good option for a 1-tank trip in the afternoon, if we know ahead). To complete your day in the West you should dive our house reef "Alice in Wonderland" (also called Playa Kalki after the beach we are sitting on), and go and see Sunshine for pizza, if possible.

Whatever you do, have fun and don't let anybody catch your bubbles :)

Andreas
..:: All West Apartments & Diving, Curacao ::..
..:: Ocean Encounters West Curacao ::..

Ron...recommend the following sites, listed in no particular order:

On the Breezes end of the island:
1. Tug Boat
2. Lost Anchor
3. Car Pile/Pier Baii (next to Breezes)
4. Director's Bay (left and right)

Since you are staying at Breezes, you should go next door and visit with the Dive Bus folks. "The Hut" is right there - can't miss with Mark and company. Good people, safe diving.

PM me if you have any other questions.

seems that I keep hearing about the dive bus and it is deffinitly a must do and my wife agrees.

We're staying at Breezes and diving with The Dive Bus in a few weeks.

The Dive Bus gets great reviews and I'm really looking forward to their daily tours around the island and then doing some shore dives in the afternoon/evening/nights. We're gonna try to do a boat trip on a Sunday w/OE as well.

From what I've heard and read, the Breezes can be hit or miss - depending on how picky you are, what building your room is in, etc. The more reviews I read online, the more I am concerned. This happens every time I go on a trip...just keep in mind that people are 10-20 times more likely to complain than give praise.

Back
Top Bottom