Curacao dive site Watamula is one of the best in the Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys for making it even harder to wait for my upcoming honeymoon/scuba trip in Curacao, with a trip to Watamula as the grand finale-can't wait!

Don't you mean your upcoming scuba trip/honeymoon?:D

I can't wait to dive this site, we are booked and just waiting for the plane to arrive (in about 2 1/2 weeks:11:).

I'll be there in 3 weeks, 2 days, but who's counting? :D

Watamula looks awesome! But here's a question for you...I've read that it's a more advanced dive. My friend and I have about 10 dives under our weight belts and and will be doing many more while there...including some training dives (our AOW), but is Watamula out of our league for the time being? We've never done a drift dive - just shore dives.

I don't want to sign up for something we won't be able to do - and would hate not to plan in advance for a dive we'd be sad to miss if could have done it....

Steph

Hi StephM,

Watamula really is not that difficult to dive! Actually, it is most beautiful in the shallows (max 60ft); sometimes you find some current, so we do a drift dive, then. Of course, like everywhere, good buoyancy is the key to a nice dive. But you will have enough opportunity to work on that during your AOWD course :)

I think the only reasons why they call Watamula an advanced dive, are

a) because it might result to be a drift dive
b) there is one very small shore entry, and with currents coming up, it might be
difficult to get back to it

If you dive Watamula from a boat, neither of that is a problem!

So relax, make your plans and enjoy once you are here!!!

Best regards from Curacao
Andreas

DvrRick, it looks like we'll be there about the same time-our plane arrives in 2 weeks and three days!

DvrRick, it looks like we'll be there about the same time-our plane arrives in 2 weeks and three days!

We will be diving Mushroom Forest and Watamula on June 10 if you want to book a spot with Ocean Encounters West. I hear they have small boats and fill up quick. It would be nice to meet other ScubaBoarders. Let me know.

Alashas, I don't know if you are a member of Undercurrent or not. Just today there was a new post/review stating your sentements. They absolutely loved Watamula and Alice in Wonderland.

I dove Watamula in March with OEW and it was the highlight of my Curacao trip. I was so captivated by the reef I almost missed the Eagle Ray behind us....
That's hilarious. I've dived it five or six times and I keep saying I'd never noticed whether there were any fish there (not quite true but it drives home the point).

We will be diving Mushroom Forest and Watamula on June 10 if you want to book a spot with Ocean Encounters West. I hear they have small boats and fill up quick. It would be nice to meet other ScubaBoarders. Let me know.

We arrive on the 7th, but we're not diving Watamula until until the 17th. We're diving with the Dive Bus, and they hooked us up with a different operator for that dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom