Curacao Scubaboard Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll keep posting, and then solidify plans as we get closer.

I would bet that the dive shop will recommend a refresher whether you need it or not!

I don't know what your total diving experience is, but after 2 years off, getting in the pool would be a good idea. If its the pool at your LDS, then it might be smart to combine it with a refresher.

Then, when you are on vacation, you don't have to worry about the refresher, and you will be brimming with confidence!

Just got home, had a great trip. Will try to sort out being charged a second time for Curacao departure tax by the folks at the Curacao Airport departure tax station, although this was included in our DAE island-hopper ticket price and pointed out to the person at the departure tax stand. Supposedly we can get a refund via the travel agent we purchased our DAE tickets from (according to the Curacao airport folks).

Got to have dinner with Tony and a colleague last Wednesday. We did 17 dives over the two weeks and this balanced out our other activities well. Pics to be posted when the artiste (my wife) gets them sorted.

Glad you are back, hope you had a great time....

Thanks CC. We found we liked the west end (from Playa Kalki to Lagun) and middle of the island spots this trip. Will probably do something similar next trip, but maybe try different accomodations and dive service providers. We checked out spots that were our second-runners-up for this trip and might give them a whirl.

One thing that was a noticeable difference was the number of waterfront construction projects compared with our visit in May 2004. Particularly in the west end of the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom