curacao trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loved Bonaire diving before hurricane Lenny flattened the shallow areas, sea fans, stag and elk horn corals wiped out. That was in the Mid 1980's. At that time I was going every year. But after the storm I was so disappointed and almost depressed about what Lenny left behind we tried Curacao. In its heyday Bonaire ruled, now Curacao is a better choice for us. Better beaches, restaurants and just more to do when not diving. Tons of beaches with great shore diving. Not so much like Bonaire where the dive sites are really a long strip strip of the same reef with different names every 200 yards or so. Wish the past could be resurrected.
Lenny was in 1999, Omar in 2008, Matthew did some damage last September, 2017

I should have checked my log books for the correct decade. Anyway things really changed after Hurricane Lenny. Haven't returned since, really do adore Curacao but have awesome memories of Bonaire too. Capt. Dons, Plaza and Divi were super places lots of great shore diving and driving around the island taking pictures before digital cameras were standard equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom