Curacao - What's it like??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive2deep

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there,

I'm gonna be going to Curacao May 30th for a week, staying at the Breezes Resort. Can anyone tell me how the diving is down there? What are water temps like?, Where are the best dive sites?, and are there any wrecks around Curacao? (tugboats don't count:) )

Sorry I can't give you any first hand info - but we have a trip planned to Habitat in early September. I would love to hear what you think of the place when you get back though! I think we've read everything there is to read about it. Have fun!

I spent 9 days on curacao about 17 months ago, stayed at the marriott and went diving with Carribean sea sport ( the dive operator at the hotel ). The water temps in late December were about 78-80 degrees, visibility about 100 feet. The diving was much like Bonaire but not quite. The boats hook up at permanent moorings about 30 feet above the reef. This shelf runs out about 20-50 feet, then angles down. The dive op I used emplyed profiles that started out at the desired max depth typically 90 feet- into the current until the first in the group reported 1500 psi. We then swam up the incline to about 35-45 feet and swam back with the current until we were under the boat. Anyone with 700 psi was sent up. Anyone with more than 700 psi could swim around on the reef under the boat until 700 psi- then safety at 15 feet. The only wreck we did was the Superior Producer which is off the coast near Williamstaad. It sits at about 120 feet. The wreck is open so you could easily swim around the holds.
Any other questions????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom