Curiosity: The Devil's Triangle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aue-mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Tune in to The Discovery Channel this Sunday (October 14) at 9 PM for Curiosity: The Devil's Triangle. There are a couple diving segments, including one with some awesome footage documenting the identification of a shipwreck in over 300 feet of water. Check it out!

Attachments

• TDT.jpg
    TDT.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,423
  • TDT2.jpg
    TDT2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 270
Saw the last one a year or two ago. Overly dramatic with the diving narration. The dive video was good though. After that the rest of the program was pretty weak. Too many waco theories and some kookie people.

Saw the last one a year or two ago. Overly dramatic with the diving narration. The dive video was good though. After that the rest of the program was pretty weak. Too many waco theories and some kookie people.

I have no influence in the editing or overall content of the program. We do the diving and the final product is what it is. Hope you enjoy the diving footage.
And, yes, these shows have more than their fair share of wacko theories and kookie people in them :)

You were right, the dive video was excellent. Congratulations on being recognized for your accomplishment. It's no easy task getting to that wreck. Great job. I also seems your dive buddy has a good head on his shoulders. I know it makes things much easier to dive with people you can really rely on.

Just one question.... Any clue how the Kringeline ended up there?

I finally got around to watching this last night and I was shocked at the number (and size!) of the lionfish on that wreck.

You were right, the dive video was excellent. Congratulations on being recognized for your accomplishment. It's no easy task getting to that wreck. Great job. I also seems your dive buddy has a good head on his shoulders. I know it makes things much easier to dive with people you can really rely on.

Just one question.... Any clue how the Kringeline ended up there?

Yes, I recently tracked down and talked to one of the former owners recently. The vessel starting taking on water and the owner had to take to a dinghy when it was obvious the KRINGELINE was beyond saving. No mystery there...

---------- Post Merged at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:09 AM ----------

I finally got around to watching this last night and I was shocked at the number (and size!) of the lionfish on that wreck.

Lionfish are extremely abundant on deeper wrecks. We did a deep dive last year in the Southwest Gulf of Mexico and on a piece of wreckage the size of an office desk there were over 42 lionfish - I posted some crazy pics of it. As they have been found to over 1,000 feet, there is no way for divers to control them.

Mike, We were over the wreck the other day fishing and a question came up, you may know the answer.... Do you know where the vessel was on route to when it ran in to trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom