Current Status of Fill Station Owned/Operated by Stathis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yes, I used 80 minutes in 70. It was YOU analogy. I was trying to guarantee the PB win, er, DCS.... As to the empirical data, that was what I was trying to kindly call you out on to begin with.

And just to drive you crazy, you know I feel better and am less tired after a nitrox dive that is longer than an air dive that tired me out.

And more importantly, if I want to drink 3 strong margs at lunch at Moneybar RIGHT after I leave Fonatur while still in my dive clothes, how does my nitrogen loading affect that? Am I more or less likely to get bent? Or more importantly am I more or less likely to get drunk? These are the things that matter.

Speaking of which we should get together after a dive at Money with margaritas and discuss this in more detail. I would invited @Dave Dillehay because he always has an opinion but last time he accused me of trying to kill him with margs.

I'm pretty sure I never provided a scenario of exceeding limits.

To return the crazy, you don't really feel any better, you just think you do.

Wait, it is on me to provide empirical data that I suggest does not exist? Ok, here it is...

There, that proves my case.

3 strong margs for lunch likely increases your chances of getting bent if you're planning an afternoon dive.

You're on, I'm next in Coz first week in September.

He's probably right.

I'm pretty sure I never provided a scenario of exceeding limits.

Well I needed a PB win to make the point.

To return the crazy, you don't really feel any better, you just think you do.

So you are saying it DOES help me feel better? I am, actually thinking of buying some steel tanks so I dont have to use the 100 al rental as the only offer them in 32 at MerryD. The other deal is MerryD will only fill to 3000 regardless of the tank's working pressure. So a 100 AL a big underfill at 3000. So if I buy steel, should I just get the 100 which will also get a short fill or should I jump up to the 120 with a short fill.

And that was why I asked Dave if he filled other tanks. If I could get a full fill of a 100 with the extra sweet Aldora air at 36% I would just pretty much be in heaven.

Wait, it is on me to provide empirical data that I suggest does not exist? Ok, here it is...

There, that proves my case.

No no no.... You said basically any bottom time under the NDL has the exact same amount of risk but provided no empirical evidence. evidence. Why are there NDL limits and why do computer algorithms all figure it differently? I posit because they all come up with different ideas of where nitrogen loaded gets TOO bad. Hence a sliding scale, hence lower on the scale has to be better, hence less is more, more or less. Thank you. Tip the wait staff, I will be here all week.

3 strong margs for lunch likely increases your chances of getting bent if you're planning an afternoon dive.

Wait, where does it say being under the influence increase the chance of DCS? I have hear the old dehydration FROM drinking thing, but not simple drunk diving. Oh sure it could kill you from lots of other things, but DCS? I would think lubing up would help get the nitrogen in and out of solution all the quicker. Hey wait, that is science, like substances which are more soluble in ethanol (an organic solvent) than water are primarily covalent in nature. These include substances such as nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, etc. These covalent molecules are very insoluble in water, but very soluble in organic solvents if I am not mistaken, so technically drinking should allow you to keep more nitrogen in solution. Not sure if you would have to stay drunk or not to get the nitrogen from coming out for lack of solvent.

You're on, I'm next in Coz first week in September.

He's probably right.

I'm not in until the 11th of September. Yes I am flying that day. I know I live dangerously. How long are you there?

And he is a pantywaist. They were only Ray's margs at El Moro. It wasn't like I feed him a Guido marg. Thank goodness its a short walk home from Guidos. @Dave Dillehay talked me into a Fat Tuesday's marg. That was literally a 7-11 Slushy. It may have a had a second cousin that once saw a bottle of tequila in a parade but that's it. Of course FT did have a lovely nachos plate with pump cheese to go with that. But Dave loves a slushy apparently.....

No no no.... You said basically any bottom time under the NDL has the exact same amount of risk but provided no empirical evidence. evidence. Why are there NDL limits and why do computer algorithms all figure it differently? I posit because they all come up with different ideas of where nitrogen loaded gets TOO bad. Hence a sliding scale, hence lower on the scale has to be better, hence less is more, more or less. Thank you. Tip the wait staff, I will be here all week.

No no no... I never said any such thing. I said "dived to the limits your loading is the same". Different computers give different numbers because they are based on different decompression models but I'm pretty sure a given computer will use the same model for air and nitrox. So if you dive to 80' until 0 NDL on air and 80' until 0 NDL on nitrox, the amount of absorbed nitrogen will be essentially the same. Maybe not to six decimal places? So take your pick. Use nitrox to get longer bottom times or to get lower nitrogen loading.

If you think you feel better after diving nitrox then you think you feel better. And if you think you sing better after three margaritas then you think you sing better. Who am I to argue?

Being drunk might lead to DCS the same way it leads to many things, by making you feel invincible. And look at those pretty flashing lights on my dive computer.

I'm leaving Sept 8th so I'll just have to drink for the both of us.

And just to drive you crazy, you know I feel better and am less tired after a nitrox dive that is longer than an air dive that tired me out.
And it cured your acne, too. :shakehead:

Ugh. I apologize for even bringing up Nitrox and it's pricing.
nitrox.png

Use nitrox to get longer bottom times or to get lower nitrogen loading.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can have longer bottom times AND lower nitrogen loading if you don't run the Nitrox to NDL.

If you think you feel better after diving nitrox then you think you feel better. And if you think you sing better after three margaritas then you think you sing better. Who am I to argue?

I DO sing better....

Being drunk might lead to DCS the same way it leads to many things, by making you feel invincible. And look at those pretty flashing lights on my dive computer.

Right. But your NDL might actually be longer?

I'm leaving Sept 8th so I'll just have to drink for the both of us.
Dude. The 15th is Independence Day. You should stay longer...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, you can have longer bottom times AND lower nitrogen loading if you don't run the Nitrox to NDL..

That's why I mentioned earlier wearing two computers - one on air and one on nitrox - so you know when you've passed the air limit and you're in bonus territory. One of these days I'm just not going to leave.

That's why I mentioned earlier wearing two computers - one on air and one on nitrox - so you know when you've passed the air limit and you're in bonus territory. One of these days I'm just not going to leave.

Or I could wear a wrist computer set to whatever is in the tank and a console computer set to 36 because its a Uwatech and I can't remember how to reset it.....

Yes. Not leave. I am so into that. I could *almost* phone this job in.....

That's only fun if you like having your air computer constantly go into deco lock out and beep at you.

Back
Top Bottom