Current water temps and any Eagle Ray sightings lately???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jake11

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What are the current water temps? We will be there from Feb.26-March 5. Also, are they still seeing the Eagle Rays?
Thanks in advance for any information!

What are the current water temps? We will be there from Feb.26-March 5. Also, are they still seeing the Eagle Rays?
Thanks in advance for any information!

I will also be on the island the 26th - 5th. I've heard water temps are between 78 and 80 which is pretty normal this time of year. I was told by my dive operator that the Eagle Rays are still there but they are starting to move out now. Hopefully we will both be lucky and see some!

@scubasteve1982... Thank you so much! I hope they( eagle rays) hang around at least for another week and 1/2!!!!

Two days ago, our divers saw 20+ - some days they only see a few :)

Last Thurs we saw (according to the DM and one other diver) 35. I didn't try counting them myself but think that's relatively close to correct.

what I've been hearing is the water is quite warm, 80+.

the Eagle Rays have not dissapointed this year and again, from the weekly dive reports I've been getting, they are still around.

I've just uploaded the photos from my 2 north end dives. I've concluded that from now on I'm removing the strobes from my camera (a P & S) so I can have better control of it while also holding on to the bottom. I won't make any claims to getting any good shots of the Eagles but as you can see they were plentiful.

https://picasaweb.google.com/CozumelTimeCapsules/DivingTheNorthEnd2013

Woo hoo! There is still hope! :0)

That is the only that eludes me that I realllllly want to see

I had 80 degrees for 10 dives, and then on the last two days of my trip last week after the North winds I had 78. Not sure if their would be a connection there though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom