Custom Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for information on making my own custom length inflator hoses. Any help would be appreciated...where to find tools, parts, etc as well as technique. Thanks!

It's an interesting idea but a bit priocey at $51 - although you could use it to cut down two longer hoses to get 2 custom lenght hoses.

Hose end fittings can be purchased from Trident or they can be salavaged from worn out hoses. The crimp connectors for the hoses are the hard part. You want stainless steel or chrome plated brass. You may be able to find them in trhe correct diameter at a hydraulic supply shop and if so they will probably have the press to crimp them on for you as well.

The other option is just to order the custom lenght hose from Trident or shop around a bit and see if the hose lenght you need is sold by someone else. Many technically oriented dive shops stock non standard LP hoses (usually much shorter in the 9"-20" range) for inflators, backup regs, etc. as well as 5', 6' and 7' primary reg hoses and very short (4"-7") Hp hoses.

Hi,
I just ordered these and got them in the mail yesterday. If you order multiple items they will give you a break on shipping. I will be doing several custom length hoses on my rebreather this week and will let you know how they work, but they seem very nice just looking at the build quality.
Gene

Scuba Diving Reusable BCD/Inflator Fittings - eBay (item 260292279898 end time Oct-02-08 14:18:09 PDT)

I saw those on eBay last night. Please do let us know how they work out. I'm trying to make custom inflator hoses for my sidemount rig. Those that came with it are too long and the 6" hoses I have are too short.

It's an interesting idea but a bit priocey at $51 - although you could use it to cut down two longer hoses to get 2 custom lenght hoses.

Hose end fittings can be purchased from Trident or they can be salavaged from worn out hoses. The crimp connectors for the hoses are the hard part. You want stainless steel or chrome plated brass. You may be able to find them in trhe correct diameter at a hydraulic supply shop and if so they will probably have the press to crimp them on for you as well.

The other option is just to order the custom lenght hose from Trident or shop around a bit and see if the hose lenght you need is sold by someone else. Many technically oriented dive shops stock non standard LP hoses (usually much shorter in the 9"-20" range) for inflators, backup regs, etc. as well as 5', 6' and 7' primary reg hoses and very short (4"-7") Hp hoses.

Yep, Golem is pretty darn proud of those things at $51 a set. The one's Gene mentioned are $18. Shipping from Europe is pretty pricey $15, but still a savings.

I'm thinking hoses somewhere between 8"-10" will work perfectly for my sidemount setup. If nothing else I can use an adapter like those mentioned to figure out what length works and then I can see if Trident has or will make a pair for me.

Thanks!

I have taken hoses and cut the crimp sleeve off and cut the hose to the needed length. Then a quick trip to the hydralic shop and they will crimp a sleeve on for a few $$. Yes, they probably won't have stainless or plated brass. I have several that are brass and 5+ years old with salt water dives that show no sings of corroding.

Or go to Tech Diving Limited, a subsidiary of Scuba Training and Technology Inc.
They can order any length you want, might take awhile. I waited over a month for a custom length 3/8 high pressure hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom