Custom made diver earplugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S

Sorenhviid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello.
I got these custom made diver plugs to prevent water coming in. Ive got tons of exostosis and really don't want water in my ear canals. The information available on forums and internet is very limited. So I'm hoping to have some of your insights using divers plugs. The theory of the plugs is the same as docs earplugs. Tiny hole to enable air to escape but not water entering.
What's the worse that can happen? Blown ear drum?
Screenshot_2023-12-13-18-00-06-77_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

I would configure the ear plugs the same way as the Scubapro pro-ear mask.
Remove the ear cups, and replace them with ear inserts molded to your ear ducts with an hole connected with the pipe going to the mask: this way pressure can equalise, and water will not enter.
Having a tiny hole connected with external water does not ensure water does not enter, and if the hole is tiny, it can interfere with proper equalisation.
You need a big hole connected with a pipe going to the mask.

I would configure the ear plugs the same way as the Scubapro pro-ear mask.
Remove the ear cups, and replace them with ear inserts molded to your ear ducts with an hole connected with the pipe going to the mask: this way pressure can equalise, and water will not enter.
Having a tiny hole connected with external water does not ensure water does not enter, and if the hole is tiny, it can interfere with proper equalisation.
You need a big hole connected with a pipe going to the mask.
Thanks. Great insight!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom