Custom Slate. What would you put on it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kohanbash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all
I am going to have a company print a custom slate for me with a map I made of the quarry that I often dive at. However I have a lot of room left on the slate for other things.

What else would you put on the slate?

Check list(s).....pre, during, post-dive.

Where are you getting these made? I've been thinking about it too......

What would you put for during and post dive checklists?
Your avatar says "solo diver," so one thing during a dive is a self-bubble check. After a back roll entry, it's good to check one's alernate is still secure. After any entry a quick check of "no danglies" and all straps and buckles are tight is good. Depending on the dive, there may need to be periodic checks of batteries, gas, buddy, compss, etc. What do YOU do during a dive that you'd like to turn into a habit rather than a happenstance? Those are candidates for a during-dive checklist. Post dive? Gas pressure for log, rinse gear (cap on reg), stow camera, whatever. The whole point of a check list -- pre, during, post -- is to take those things you know you really ought to be doing and force yourself to do them. Your profile says you are a Rescue Diver. Do you do buddy checks before a dive, carry a visible and an audble signally device, look around on the dive boat to see who is nervous? Those are things you want to take seriously, not casually. A checklist can help.

Back
Top Bottom