Customs Delays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eagleray2003

Reaction score
Any of you experience long delays at Boldt Castle this weekend? Sunday was nuts,anyone know what was causing the delays?

eagleray2003:
Any of you experience long delays at Boldt Castle this weekend? Sunday was nuts,anyone know what was causing the delays?

Work to rule campaign by Customs....

I heard about the long waits and we had to wait what seemed like forever on the dock. We didn't have to wait all that long once we arrived at Boldt Castle but :monster:US Customs:monster: gave everyone on our charter a hard time whether we were Canadian or American, and for the stupidest things. Someone whizzed in their Cornflakes really bad. I can fully understand tightening up the border but there is no sense being rude and obnoxious. The young punk we had was on nothing more than a power trip and should be penalized. Ya, I'm a little peeved off about the whole thing... Apologies for venting...

Hello

The relationship that some of the senior/older and legitimate running Canadian dive charters had with the two older US customs officers of the last six years is now over as they have retired, and today there are younger officers who take notice, remember being aloud go over to the US side to dive is a US gift to you, not your Canadian right, so live with the attitude and keep your mouth shut as once your black balled for having a big mouth you won't be US St Lawrence diving again..

Mr A

Mr Adams:
Hello
remember being aloud go over to the US side to dive is a US gift to you, not your Canadian right, so live with the attitude and keep your mouth shut as once your black balled for having a big mouth you won't be US side St Lawrence diving again..

And how do you in your charming fashion explain their need to treat their own US citizens in a boorish and disrepectful manner? You missed that part right?

And where did I mention opening my mouth to the Power Tripper? The whole party on our particular charter was more than respectful and courteous to the Customs Official. It still doesn't give him the right to threaten and have his little temper tantrum... He was an id10t and our American friends agreed...

Mr Adams:
Hello

The relation ship that some of the senior/older and legitimate running Canadian dive charters had with the two older US customs officers of the last six years is now over as they have retired, and today there are younger officers who take notice, remember being aloud go over to the US side to dive is a US gift to you, not your Canadian right, so live with the attitude and keep your mouth shut as once your black balled for having a big mouth you won't be US side St Lawrence diving again..

Mr A
The problem is, that the USA is scared, very very scared of the big bad Canadians. We kicked their butts before and we can do it again, so they are worried.
Most people that are afraid react in a defensive manner.

I do understand that we Canadians are very scary so just remember when you are waiting, that with so many of us big bad terriost Canadians they have every right to stop you and ask you stupid questions.

BTW: To the people without a sense of humor...............
"I'm just kidding" :wink:

They weren't pleasant to their own citizens as well. Just as well, I'd rather be Canadian sometimes. The beer is a heck of a lot better too. Plus, I'd have the freedom to travel to Cuba :)

-Frank

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom