Cutting Slots in wing "infield" for cam bands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would appear that some manufacturers assume everyone uses an STA

FNQ_Mick
I don’t think they care what other manufacturers do, I think they figure their stuff is proprietary to their own plates and people buy their system. That’s the extent of their concern.
It’s not hard to put slots in wings, I think those that don’t care are missing out.
STA’s are not the best idea for using single tanks IMO, they add more space between the tank and the diver which I don’t think is good.
STA’s were invented as a quick fix to make doubles plates work for singles. I believe Halcyon is actually the one that came up with the STA, then soon after they came up with the first slotted wing and people raved about how the tank was even closer to your back and more streamlined with this advancement. The problem was that it was difficult to balance the tank on top of the channel without it twisting sideways or sliding off. Other companies scrambled and got to work to come up with different ideas on stabilizers, but Halcyon went back to the STA and that is where they remain.

Learned something today: didn't even realise there was an alternative to a Single Tank Adapter!

Find an STA very convenient and easy to use.

As the French say: vive la difference!

Wow, so for about 1000 clams, you'll have yourself a Freedom Rig with slots melted
with a butter knife, nail, soldering iron, not electric rope cutter, and some zig zaging

Congratulations and a FNQ to you

Because you're worth it

:rofl3:

but seriously = I have found a local ( in Australia - still the other end of the country ) supplier for a 23# HOG wing + some other needed bits. Will hopefully arrive within the week.

FNQ_Mick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom