CX2 anyone have one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I know it's a new light but has anyone played with one?

The specs look good I'm mainly wondering about the dimming over time, how fast does this happen? What is realistic burn time?

Yes, I just bought one. Took it out yesterday , day time, viz 2-3m, lots of particulate.

They claim 1700 lumens, not sure I'm buying that. 8 degrees, not sure I'm buying that either.

Strange dimming, the last step goes from 500 lumens down to 80, seems a big drop to me.

Squeaked something wicked when I unscrewed tail cap, a dab of grease fixed that. O ring had stuff on it, fluff, dust, well, stuff. O ring is unusual, it's only a single O ring, but has three ribs.

I didn't buy it for day time usage so perhaps initial impressions are a little premature. I'll take it on a night dive and post back.

At the same time I was using a Tillytec mini uni, it claims 5 degrees, 1000-1400 lumen depending what number you want to believe. It seemed equally bright, if not more than the CX2 which may not be too surprising I guess given its tighter beam but obviously the CX2 was throwing more light.

As at right now if I could only keep one of them I'd keep the TillyTec. Price is about the same.

Not blown away by it.

Bigger in the flesh than I was expecting.

YMMV.

Both use 27100 which is convenient and can use 18650 in both with sleeve.

Didn't really answer your question, I'll do a 70min plus night dive on full power and post back

More exposure of craziness.

The badge/decal/etching isn't center with the button, it's about 2mm left of center.

Given it's fixed and doesn't turn I would've thought centering it wouldn't have been that hard, looks like an attempt was made.

It's the little things that count... and annoy.
7CE12796-34B1-42A6-89FE-8B1AF843DE78.jpeg

Did you get a night dive in?

Ahh, I'm still waiting for the winds to die down

Coincidentally was blowing a gale today actually but conditions in water surprisingly and unexpectedly good. Got a hole in my dry glove and snapped a post off my fin... more money...sigh

But..at least I got to dive so am thankful for that.

Back
Top Bottom