D3 ip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a D3 from one of the larger online stores, sealed yoke version. It arrived with the IP at 200-205 psi. My understanding is that this is quite a bit higher than it's supposed to be. Is this something that would require me to return the reg for adjustment before I use it?

Wow. That's......surprising. I wouldn't necessarily send it back, IP adjustment is easy.

Should be about 140-ish... easy to adjust.

definitely way too high for anything. Should be around 135, easy to adjust on your own, but it may be creeping. Make sure your IP gauge is calibrated as well

They wanted it sent back, so I returned it to Edge. I haven't heard anything about it yet.

Replaced with a new unit, IP just below 140. Thanks to Edge for good customer service and looking forward to taking the new reg to Belize in the spring.

Without naming names, just curious: was the purchase from "a large scale seller", or a "conventional style" shop?

I understand it might need a "tune", but that far out of spec means QC at assembly was non-existent as was the QC at the end seller...

Disappointing....

Not surprised Edge/HOG acted the way they did. Nothing but a fairly class operation from my observations and experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom