D420 repair manual-modified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you be specific please? Should the lever adjustment be done under pressure or not? What about the clearance between the lever and diaphragm?
Specifics are in the manual but yes the lever can be adjusted under pressure and the clearance should be 1mm or less, .25mm being abound as close as you want to get. You should be able to feel slight movement before the diaphragm contacts the lever, best checked with the purge lever removed so you can feel it directly.

Just returned from my latest Scubapro Technician recert seminar, and without disclosing more than I'm supposed to regarding SP's proprietary tech info, I'm happy to report some news. If you insist on taking your reg apart instead of sending it to your LDS :wink:, Revision B of the service manual now requires a 0.5mm gap between the diaphragm disc and the lever, and the adjustment should be done under pressure.

They've decided that that amount of lever drop is safe. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom