D4i problem with dive mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vesna

New
Reaction score
I have quite new D4i and I didin't learne it well. Furthermore I borrowed it to my colleague and now I don't know what is happening. In my D4i now I have dive FREE and OFF. There is a sign of no flight and normal time and date. Is it violation of deco causing no options for Dive air and nitrox? Shell I wait 48h for next dive?
Thanks for anyone how can advice.

Some one had used it free dive or Gauge mode, once it clears 48 Hrs I belive, turn free diving off, and pt in the mode you want to use, Nitrox-Air whatever.
Check other settings though before you dive it, RGBM 100 or 50%, your personal and Altitude settings, depth and time alarms etc.
read the book, and reset all of it as they recommend, maybe then you will understand it better as well,
that can only be a good thing yea?

Cheers
and
Dive safe

D_Vince is correct. This is true for most dive computers (not only Suunto). When a given dive in Gauge/Free Dive mode exceeds 10min (typically), the computer deactivates Normal diving modes for the next 48 hours. That is done for safety concerns, as nitrogen loading was not being tracked during the presumed free dive(s).

Here's the cut 'n paste from the Suunto manual ...

Free Limit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom