D4i Temperature Discrepancies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I had a pool dive last night in preparation for the new season ahead. While I was diving, I noticed that the temperature reading on the D4i seemed unusually high for what the water temp actually felt like. Even in air over the last few weeks, it seems to be showing unusually high temps.

After the dive, I compared with my buddy, and noticed that there was a 5 degree difference between the two. Mine was showing 27, while hers was showing 22, which seemed to be more realistic.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? It's not the worst thing to go wrong, but I'd also like it to be accurate.

helios,

The only way to actually get an accurate answer would be to put your D4i up against a thermometer in the water. If you believe there is truly an issue then you may want to send the computer to an authorized Suunto service center for evaluation. If you would like to do so, please locate the nearest service center to you from the link provided.
Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thanks Chris.

Generally, what would the turnaround time be? It's dive season now, so I don't really want to be without it for too long.

Are there any issues now that the D4i has been replaced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom