D6i dual time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airbug1009

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I just bought a new d6i after divorcing the Tusa IQ900. I have a few questions about the D6i and hope you can help~
1. Is it possible to disable of turn off dual time? If I set the dual time different than my time, how will the dive logbook log the time of my dive? I'm quite confused about this.
2. Also why is the dive alarm indicator always on?

Thanks!

airbug,

You can't "disable" the dual time, but you do not need to set the dual time or have it displayed on your screen. When in time mode just press the bottom left and bottom right buttons to scroll through date, stop watch, dual time. The dives in your log book will be based off of your main time setting. Which dive alarm are you referring to?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Hi Chris, thanks for answering! The reason i asked about the dual time is that with the TUSA IQ900, if I switch the alternate time ON, the log book will be based on the alternate time. If I am diving in a different time zone, do I have to set the main time? To simplify, is the dual time for reference purpose only and will not be recorded in the dive log?

The dive alarm is located center left of the depth meter in Dive mode.

Thanks!!
Alan

Thanks!

Alan,

I apologize, I thought I responded to your reply. Yes, for dive log purposes if you are diving in a different time zone you will have to set the main time to your current location.
Dive Alarms:
While in dive mode, long press the bottom left down button to enter dive settings. You can verify which dive alarms you have set from there.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom