D6i Max Depth Reset

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi,

I recently had my computer serviced, and as part of that they pressure tested it to 60m.

That value is now stuck in my history as maximum depth so I would like to reset it.

The manual states it can be reset using DM4, so I downloaded and installed DM4 and while the software works and downloads the dives from the computer I cannot find any option inside the program to reset the maximum depth. The only change possible is to input a small section of personal data.

Could you please provide clear instructions on how to reset the maximum depth?

The dive is already deleted as I have used the computer enough to remove it from memory - it is the Max Depth value that persists.

Jeff,

I apologize for the late response, as I have been unable to check Scuba Board for a few days. Once in DM4, connect your D6i and download the dives. Once the dives are downloaded, click the tab at the top of the screen that says "file". In the file drop down menu, select settings. Once the settings come up, select the tab that says "device". At the bottom of the menu there should be a reset button. The reset will clear the max depth from your D6i history. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Chris,

I had already checked that menu, the only option on it is personal info (I have blacked that out). No reset button...

D6i - No Reset.jpg

Jeff,

The D6i has to be connected to the computer via USB cable in order for the reset option to show up.

Best Regards,
Chris

My D6i is connected when I open the settings window - connection seems fine as it does download the dives using the official cable and USB drivers.

There is no reset button in the device window for my D6i when it is connected.
I tried switching the device type to D9 but once communication is established the software switches back to D6i.

DM4 is version 1.1.14.3463 and I have tried installing with and without Admin privileges.

Update: I thought it may be a problem with Win 8.1 so I performed a clean install of DM4 on another computer with Win 7.
With the new install there is still no reset button for the D6i.

Last edited:
Update II: I brought my Cobra I back from the dive boat and hooked it up to the Win 8.1 computer, after downloading dives from the Cobra the reset button is present.

Switching back to D6i, reset button is gone again.

Starting to think DM4 is the problem...

Last edited:
Jeff,

I apologize, as I missed a clue from your screen shot. I noticed that your D6i has software (V 1.0.0) currently. You will need to have the most current software update for your D6i (V 1.2.10) in order to use the reset function in DM4. The update can only be done at an authorized Suunto service center. One of the changes the update will make to the D6i, is allowing up to 3 gas switches instead of just 2. This will change the algorithm in your D6i which will erase the dive logs from the memory. If you plan to have this update done, please upload all of your latest dives to DM4 prior to sending your D6i.

I have provided some information below of all the changes the update will make to your D6i.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Dx Software Update (1).png Dx Software Update (2).jpg

Best Regards,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom