DAAM Label Question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghost95

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Morning all.

While surfing the web I have come across DA Aquamasters for sale or just displayed that have shiny chrome cans but labels other than Warner Avenue on them. Allot of them are listed as original or rare or something like that.

My question is, were there any shiny can DAAM's produced at any facility other that the Warner address?

From what I've read USD was firmly entrenched at Warner for a couple years before they started with the shiny chrome. To my thinking this means that any shiny Aquamaster with a Pico or Delhi label would not be correct. Not that the regulator wouldn't be "real" but it would show that at least the label was changed and not original. Is this the case? Were there left over labels from when Delhi was changed to Warner that got put onto cans made after 1964? Was there an option for polished chrome before 1964?

Just curious. Thanks.

IMO there is no way to know for sure. Rumor is USD was bad about using up old parts so I guess it's possible a box of old labels were found and used. In any case, the reg itself was made after 64 since it's shiny chrome.

Thanks Herman. So as far as anyone knows, no shiny DAAMs before Warner label as original parts. Maybe...some old labels were added post '64 but who knows.

It just seemed that if you search DA Aquamaster Delhi label, you get allot of pictures of shiny regulators. Maybe they were the ones made in France and labeled Delhi.

Things I look up when I'm up all night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom