dacor bcd inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

foneguy

Contributor
Reaction score
with this mares thing happening my lds will not service any of my dacor gear.( which is leading me to buy other equipment). the problem i am having is with my rav bcd inflator. it recently has had trouble inflating, i found that the shrader valve in the power inflater was gummed up, so i cleaned it and is ok now, i would like to replace the little valve but i need to ship the bcd to another dive shop/ authorized serv/ dealer. what i would like is just to purchase a new valve. cany anybody tell me where i can find this med sized valve?.....thank you for any responce.....:huh: :huh:

If it's the valve I am thinking of, it's a tire valve out of large equipment- think big earth mover. You can sometimes fine them at industrial tire stores. They are also used in Zeagle inflators. You might try calling the guys at Scuba Toys and buy a Zeagle inflator repair kit -$5. I also have the email address of a old Dacor dealer who stocks and sells hard to find parts. Drop me a PM for the address.

We are a Mares dealer. We still service Dacor, but it takes F O R e v e r to get parts. Good luck!

Juls64:
We are a Mares dealer. We still service Dacor, but it takes F O R e v e r to get parts. Good luck!
thanks ill stop at the tire shop in am ....he does all types of tires truck to excavators....

Everyone,

We do have this part available and in stock right now. PN: 47158584 I strongly suggest you get this from a dealer. Sounds like the original dealer you spoke w/ is not providing the service you deserve (probably not an active Mares dealer?). I would look elsewhere also. I would look to buy this from a dive store, simply to be sure you get the right part.

Juls64, In years past receiving parts from our company took longer than it should have. I am certain if you search / read around in this board you will find that we have made great efforts to improve our service and distribution of product and parts. If your shop picked up the phone today to order this part, I feel quite certain they would have it in their hands in less than 5 days including shipping. I feel this is acceptable. While we are not perfect in everyway, we strive to get better and improve. Sometimes we need to learn from the past, but also recognize it was the past and move on.

Juls64, In years past receiving parts from our company took longer than it should have. I am certain if you search / read around in this board you will find that we have made great efforts to improve our service and distribution of product and parts. If your shop picked up the phone today to order this part, I feel quite certain they would have it in their hands in less than 5 days including shipping. I feel this is acceptable. While we are not perfect in everyway, we strive to get better and improve. Sometimes we need to learn from the past, but also recognize it was the past and move on.[/QUOTE]

I have been very impressed with the improvement that has been made in Mares's customer service. From my own experience, Phil Mintz has been top notch.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Foneguy

I am not sure why your dealer has issue with us, but could be old baggage or other reasons. Not only is this part in stock, but we have a new improved, patented valve that is far superior to a shrader valvue which is basically made in big lots for tires.

It is much more durable and reliable.

Thanks,

Phil

phil,and or zak, the lds in my area, whom will remain nameless, claims that the cannot get ANY dacore parts. i emailed dacor/mares the response was take my bc to a local dealer, which there is none, so must ship it elseware, but, now that you know what i need, i cannot see the need to ship my bcd for a small tiny part. Is there a way for me to order this tiny valve from mares? i dont mind paying for parts but its sooooo hard to find them. if it helps i am in the cleveland area,
and seeing you are a mares rep. do es yoou company still make service parts for the dacpor eagle regs? my lds will not service them claiming that mares does not make any parts for dacor in any way. i would like to get them serviced b4 i take my son, ( a new diver ) on a cruise where we will be diving.
I cannot say anything bad about the regs, i have had great performance from them in fresh and salt water from 16' to 100'. thank you all for your comments and help. sincerely.....foneguy scott

foneguy,

The eagle regs can be serviced as they were produced by Mares. We still sell and service Dacor Regs. My guess is your LDS is either not a dealer of ours or simply does not want to service them. At times there are reasons why a dealer may not be able to order from a company, but that is confidential.

If you could not find a dealer on our web site locator, you could either send them to us for service or there are some on line dealers (Scuba Toys for one) who would be happy to service them for you. I am sorry, but we do not sell parts directly to consumers.

Let me know if we can help you further.

Phil

the only part i want to buy is valve, just in case there was a miscommunication. the regs i guess ill ship uot to scuba toys.....or someone else.
thanks pin for your help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom