Dacor Fan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cc.harley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi Guys. New to the Forum but been certified and diving inconsistently since the early 80's. I am a big fan of Dacor Products and have been diving with them for my entire diving career. I own several 6 sets of Regs and 3 BC's. Gear Nut! I have always taken good care of my equipment and it all seems to function fine. My children are in the process of getting certified and I am looking to have them use some of my gear. I even went as far as to purchase some more! Dacor gear, BC's primarily, on Ebay. Maybe I should have done some more research first. I have a local dive shop who states he has lots of parts for service etc. I am also looking to possibly perform service myself. I can't find any of my owners manuals and would love to find copies from anyone who might still have them. Seems raising kids put me a bit out of touch with Upgrades and such as I have read here. I have always been a "Don't fix it if it ain't Broke Guy" but want to be sure my children and wife are safe. (She also certified in the 80's.) Can't justify spending
$1000's of dollars on gear as we are just getting back into diving and introducing my kids to it. I am in NY and have a lot of diving opportunities within a few hrs drive. Any advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

CC

It's not the service manuals that will be hard to find ...... it's the parts, particularly the 1st stage seats....and any you do find will be at least 10 years old.

Thanks! for all the replies. I was fearing that all I would get were "use them as paperweights or tie them together for an anchor". I am sure that if my family takes it up as I am hoping, and I "Dive" headfirst back into it, there will be fancy new gear in the near future but for now, I wanted to make this work. Seems possible now. Anybody out there still diving Dacor gear as well? Would love to hear about your experiences and difficulties. Thanks

CC

As he just referenced, knotical is the resident Dacor expert. He has ALL the manuals and has been extremely kind to scan and upload them.

I still have some Dacor regs. As my former instructor used to say, you can pass an entire bologna sandwich through a Dacor (which is due to their using 2 exhaust valves). :D

As mentioned above, all of the parts are available through Trident. Dacor regs are easy to work on and work as well as most other gear. The XLB and XLP second stages are both balanced and quite nice and breath as well as any G250 I've ever tried. I like the XLB better cause it's metal.

Of note, the XLB and XLP are the only Dacor 2nd stages that were truly balanced (even though they had a Pacer "totally balanced" 2nd stage that wasn't balanced at all).

Thank You again Guys. Knotical, it was a google search and your threads that brought me here to Scubaboard. Thank You. I love my stuff and would hate to retire it. I have 960's 360's xlb's and xlI was able to get my hands on a Dacor service manual with addendum and exploded parts lists etc. I would love to get my hands on some users manuals specifically about the gauges with the digital dive counter (I have 5 of these). I don't remember a battery but how else would it work? Any help is appreciated. Looking to get some of the special tools I'll need as well. As for Orings and silicone I gonna search here for suggestions on suppliers. I'm sure there will be snickers over the gear but I feel it is solid gear that will last.

Back
Top Bottom