Dacor HUB Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baluvandor

Reaction score
Hello,

Just joined, glad to be here!
I have recently purchased a Dacor HUB and I am looking for maintenance instructions for it. I have looked up whatever I could find on it on the net before buying, and one thing that I saw several times was that it required more maintenance than regular equipment. However, I have not found anything on what exactly that extra maintenance consists of. The Dacor site has no info, and the link in the first message on this forum, which has the subject of "Mares/Dacor HUB", has a dead link.

Can anyone direct me to the FAQ, if there is one, or otherwise enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Balu
:confused:

baluvandor,

Please don't take this the wrong way but the Hub is infamous for being a real hassle and there are all sorts of possible failure points. I'm aware you just got this bc but to save you some pain I'm advising you to sell it and get a easier to maintain setup.

HUB Manual EN

As you can see there are lots of possible problems in the future. A bc shouldn't be this complicated and it's much safer to get a system where if something goes wrong, you can locate the source of the problem even underwater.

Any regular bc or bp/w is a better system.

SangP

Btw, here's an old thread on the Hub.

Unless one is diving under a bridge?

Be easy on him guys this is his first post. :D So far so good.

baluvandor:
Hello,

Just joined, glad to be here!
I have recently purchased a Dacor HUB and I am looking for maintenance instructions for it. I have looked up whatever I could find on it on the net before buying, and one thing that I saw several times was that it required more maintenance than regular equipment. However, I have not found anything on what exactly that extra maintenance consists of. The Dacor site has no info, and the link in the first message on this forum, which has the subject of "Mares/Dacor HUB", has a dead link.

Can anyone direct me to the FAQ, if there is one, or otherwise enlighten me, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,

Balu
:confused:

Regardless of what people say... To maintain your HUB, you need to send it off for service to an authorized dealer. World Watersports in Florida is one, otherwise you'll have to send it to MARES directly (who owns DACOR now)

Sure the HUB has it's pros and cons. I did over 100 dives on my HUB, and I still use the jacket as my BCD (I've removed all of the guts, and converted to ScubaPro regs)

Hello,

Thanks to everyone for all the good info! I think I might not have expressed myself very well: as far as maintenance, I meant the usual post-dive washup. I did have a local shop do a full maintenance on it right after I bought it. Although I am very much mechanically inclined, I would not attempt dive gear maintenance at this point.
Unfortunately the suggestion to sell it and buy more traditional equipment is not feasible due to money issues. I got a good deal on this, but it's still $$ I should not have spent, as I am starting a new business and I am mostly living on my savings. I am just glad that I don't have to rent any more. Most of my dives are 12-20 ft shoredives, so I do not need the latest-greatest.
Thanks again,

Balu

hmmmm...... post dive maintenance on a HUB?

soak thouroughly in gasoline, dry with fire

seriously though all scuba gear has basically the same user maintenance. thorough fresh water soak, including the inside of the bc bladder, but keeping water out of the inside of regs.

hope your situation improves so you can get yourself into more appropriate gear soon

baluvandor:
Hello,

Thanks to everyone for all the good info! I think I might not have expressed myself very well: as far as maintenance, I meant the usual post-dive washup. I did have a local shop do a full maintenance on it right after I bought it. Although I am very much mechanically inclined, I would not attempt dive gear maintenance at this point.
Unfortunately the suggestion to sell it and buy more traditional equipment is not feasible due to money issues. I got a good deal on this, but it's still $$ I should not have spent, as I am starting a new business and I am mostly living on my savings. I am just glad that I don't have to rent any more. Most of my dives are 12-20 ft shoredives, so I do not need the latest-greatest.
Thanks again,

Balu

Post dive - I would rinse in a bucket, and unscrew the air release valve on the right shoulder, and wash the inside of the bladder with water. Let dry with the valve unscrewed...

Don't forget to screw it back on before you dive, otherwise you'll have bouyancy problems :wink:

Also - don't listen to people who are mean to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom