Dacor Regulator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I still have a substantial number of service parts for not only the Dacor Pacer and Modular series regulators but many parts for older Oceanic, Beuchat, Scubapro, ProSub, and many other "off-brand" regulators, BC's, masks and valves. I have been offering service for Scuba equipment for over 20 years and am not quite old enough to call it quits. I can be contacted through Welcome To ScubaRepairExpress.com - Your one-stop scuba repair shop - Home of the Scuba Wizard.. Usually the turnaround time is between a week and 10 days.

Note: Please disregard the eBay Auctions post....I have no idea where that came from.

Excellent clarification of the facts and background history of Mares purchase of the Dacor brand.

Thanks David.

True, but they could have also had those outside vendors make a bunch of parts to keep us going for a while longer, instead they just dropped everything immediately. To their credit they did have a good exchange program for a long time, but I was simply too torqued to open my wallet for them, they really stepped on the D$%ks of Dacor owners and I'm not the only one who simply went elsewhere I'm sure. Sure, if Dacor failed the result would have been the same, but this was a conscious decision on the part of Mares to effect virtually the same outcome. Companies seem to forget that there are almost always other options and people will seek them if pushed, like Apeks and their distribution and pricing mafia, in Asia people are paying way too much and it will catch up to them. It's their company and they can do what they want, but I'm also free to do what I want and am getting tempted again.

@ the OP, good luck keeping them alive!! Cheers.

Sure, if Dacor failed the result would have been the same, but this was a conscious decision on the part of Mares to effect virtually the same outcome.
It was apparently a decision that would ensure that if and when Dacor failed there would be no one there to pick up the pieces and revive it.

The Dacor brand self-distructed from the inside and others just made sure that the ashes were scattered far enough so that it couldn't be put back together.

My current favorite brands are:
Scubapro - Regs, Fins, Mask
Dive Rite - BC
Pelican - Lights, Cases
Ikelite - Camera housings, Lights
Tusa - For keeping the Dacor DPV alive

The Dacor brand self-distructed from the inside and others just made sure that the ashes were scattered far enough so that it couldn't be put back together.

Now that I believe!.....it was their intention, hence my boycott:wink:

thanks for the history lesson and advice. will start with our local midwest shop and then check on some of the folks who repsonded. Might not get a Mares rebate program in time to dive this March.... so my next post will be about new (or used) regulators to replace .
thanks'
JIM

:blinking:thanks for the history lesson and advice. will start with our local midwest shop and then check on some of the folks who repsonded. Might not get a Mares rebate program in time to dive this March.... so my next post will be about new (or used) regulators to replace .
thanks'
JIM

I think I still have kits for it. You'd have to ship it to me and pay for shipping back. I'm in Central Florida. I'll check on kits Tuesday if you want me to. Looking at 15 per stage for parts and 15 per stage for labor.
I’m in need of some parts for these two units I have two respirators the one unit a 1 stage Dacor 1 with a swivel neck. It has 2 PBD Dacor XL and the other spare is a Dacar Pacer not XL. The second one is a Dacor Balanced Olympic 1St stage with 2 PBD both are 900 Olympic. If you have any kits or parts please let me know what you have and how much you want for them. Thanks.

To their credit they did have a good exchange program for a long time, but I was simply too torqued to open my wallet for them, they really stepped on the D$%ks of Dacor owners and I'm not the only one who simply went elsewhere I'm sure. Sure, if Dacor failed the result would have been the same, but this was a conscious decision on the part of Mares to effect virtually the same outcome.

It was a poor PR move on the part of Mares, instead of picking up a customer base by buying Dacor, they didn't because it was perceived that they shut Dacor after selling off remaining inventory. They could have made a better impression by making the same trade in offer for the regs, regardless of whether they owned Dacor or not.

To be fair, when one of the other early gear brands, Healthways, went under, the ScubaPro brand was sold, and we all know what happened there. Dacor was one of the other original scuba brands with a good reputation. Name recognition could become serious competition in the right hands, so Mares bought it and closed it down.

I can't blame them, but I don't like the style and do business elsewhere. I recently became conflicted when buying a used SPG, the attached reg was Mares and seems to work. Being the tinkerer I am, I have to make it work, and try it out...

Bob

It was a poor PR move on the part of Mares, instead of picking up a customer base by buying Dacor, they didn't because it was perceived that they shut Dacor after selling off remaining inventory. They could have made a better impression by making the same trade in offer for the regs, regardless of whether they owned Dacor or not.

To be fair, when one of the other early gear brands, Healthways, went under, the ScubaPro brand was sold, and we all know what happened there. Dacor was one of the other original scuba brands with a good reputation. Name recognition could become serious competition in the right hands, so Mares bought it and closed it down.

I can't blame them, but I don't like the style and do business elsewhere. I recently became conflicted when buying a used SPG, the attached reg was Mares and seems to work. Being the tinkerer I am, I have to make it work, and try it out...

Bob
I agree the ones I have are in good shape Im going to see if I can find a parts diagram on take them on as a DIY project love to tinker with things and get them working again even zig I don’t use them again. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom