Dacor Rig or Zeagle Ranger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman,I have you beat.My back-up BC for rec diving is a Tusa,used.But yes for versatility I prefer my backplate.My buddies all dive a lot 100+ to 300+ a year.They are very happy with the Ranger and the Rig.They are very well built rec BC's and I would never disparage anothers choice of gear.By the way that's Apricot jelly and creamy peanut butter on whitebread.

What's all this gourmet talk? I thought this was a SCUBA Board. Not to mention that the bread is San Francisco Sour Dough from Semifreddies Bakery. And that is the right answer--and I don't care what Iguanadon thinks--buffalo wings or not!

Just kidding! But I wanted into some kind of heated argument: things are kinda dull around here today.

Joewr

Then none taken Dane and all is well. In fact let me compliment you on the last post as that's the kind I like to see here. Well thought out with the reasoning and thought process that lead to your decision, that's the kind of info that helps us all. Apricot jelly....hummm that does have some possibilities. Joe, gourmet dicussions are perfectly at home here, diving makes me hungry but I'm not too sure about SD bread with PBJ.

Hey, Herman,

Would you believe that we use San Francisco Sour Dough Bread (SFSDB) for French toast (FT), too? I do not know whether you have ever been out here, but we pride ourselves on the special taste of SAN FRANCISCO sour dough bread; it tastes different and has a different texture than other sour doughs. I am addicted to it.

Oh yeah, the French word for French toast means "lost bread" because they would use stale bread, etc. for making FT. It was a way to salvage "lost" bread. Nice piece of trivia, huh?

Try SFSDB some day with PBJ--if I am ever near Raliegh, I'll drop some off. Unfortunately, the closest I ever get to Raliegh these days is Miami--on my way to the Carib--but who knows?

And apricot jam does sound interesting, 100-days; last night I dined on SFSDB/PBJ made with some local strawberry jam--maybe I'll stop by Safeway again for some apricot. This could revolutionize my whole lunchtime routine.

Let me give you one more quote before I go--I love quotes--This comes from Vinegar Joe Stillwell, a WWII general who was responsible for the China-Burma-India sector for the USA. He had a sign on his desk that said, "Iligitamati non carborundum." Which was his pseudo Latin for, "Don't let the bastards grind you down." It helps me to remember that quote sometimes!

Joewr

OK guys and gals, here it is.......

The official DIR PB & J Sandwich.
Peanut Butter....Must be Jiff Extra Crunchy, no smooth
Jelly............Smuckers, Strawberry Jam
Bread............Wonder Bread

Now there you have it.

ID

Wonderbread? I wonder if there is any bread in wonderbread?

Well, if it says "Smuckers", it must be good--so, I a with you there. Traditionalists will descry your use of crunchy instead of creamy, but, I have to admit, I think I favor crunchy,

But, honestly, Iguandon, whitebread?

Slinking back to my cave until my next dive, I remain,

Joewr

ID,don't give EE and Halcyon any ideas.They'll open up a supermarket and call eveyone stroke for not shopping there!p.s.peanuts from extra crunchy and seeds from strawberry could possibly problems due to lack of streamlining and sqeezes when they get stuck in your teeth

Hmm - the seeds issue is interesting, this could actually invoke an instance of the need for performing the elusive Warhammer manuever...

What - you thought we would forget so soon???
Nooooo...
Dane

A simple PB & J sandwich would be controversial.

ID

BTW, yes white bread, a flashback from childhood.

Back
Top Bottom