Dacor SPG with Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ams511

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I acquired this through one of my eBay purchases. I was wondering if anyone knows if and how the battery is replaceable? I tried to find some info online and in the Dacor repair manuals but I didn't find anything. I would assume that this was not manufactured by Dacor just branded by them. I removed the back but it seems to be a sensor not a way to access the battery unless there is a trick involved.

Dacor SPG Front.jpgDacor SPG Back.jpg

Last edited:
Just sent you a PM...

---------- Post added March 13th, 2014 at 11:52 AM ----------

Hmmmm, for some reason my PM didn't get sent, so I'll post your answer here.

There clear faceplate on the front should unscrew, and there should be an o-ring in there. You will remove the gauge face through the front.
To change the battery:
1. Remove the hose.
2. Unscrew the metal hose connector from the gauge body and take out the spool. At this point you should see the gague face inside become loose.

3. Remove the clear faceplate on the front by unscrewing it.
4. Pop the gauge face out throught the front, the battery is on the back of the gauge face.
I forget what type of battery it is. Mine had an old one still inside, so I was able to find a replacement. If there isn't one inside yours, let me know and I will get the number from mine.

FYI - The sensor on the back is a switch that turn the digital display on when you submerge. So, the display will not come on when you replace the battery until you press the button underneath the sensor.
Good Luck!
Bill

Thanks for replying, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Just in case anybody is looking for this info the battery is a DL1/3N. You can find them at Ace and True Value hardware as well as online. Be sure you check the polarity. In my case this wasn't easy since there are no indications on the gauge electronics. I did however notice the black wire was connected to the plate that contacts the end of the battery so I installed it + down and it worked fine.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom