Dacor Website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way... it is alive.

Just rebadged Mares product or a continuation of older models - all made in Italy. Sadly, the Rig Pro is no longer, the best BC that Dacor had.

Phil,

Pass thanks on to the web developers for getting the site up. It's obviously a beginning, and I look forward to its continued development.

Maybe this thread can be used to provide suggestions for improvement to the site?

I'll throw a couple in just to start:

- On-line registration form
- FAQ
- Support Forum

Just a thought...

DISAPOINTING to say the least ..... after waiting over a year for the "new and improved" Dacor websight it's not the "interactive" dream we expected. Having to download the pdf format and use Adobe Reader is really UNPROFESSIONAL for a major diving company trying to turn their image around. Come on now folks .... I could have scanned the catalogue and use Adobe to present it on my home computer. Take a look of what your competition has done with their websights .... Scubapro, Aeris, Aqualung, Cressi, Sherwood all have better sights that are easy to use and give a better presentation. Dacor needs a major reworking of their websight fast and I don't mean a one page ad saying "comming in 2007 the new and improved Dacor websight" ....... FIRE your websight developers and get some new designers quick .

Its a start.

Do you guys have any idea what it takes to get a mayor product line up and running? Or worse what is involved in a company take over or buy out?

I have worked at the same "desk" for 12 years and have been "owned" by 4 different companies. Each time it takes at least a year to get the place back and running after we are bought out. Each company has a different way of doing the SAME thing. Most of the time its no better, they just want to do things different. We make multiple products and you are not always in the front of the line to have YOUR problem corrected first.

Mares was put first in line, after that, funds permiting Dacor may come around. It just aint going to happen over night.

In todays market you must take advantage of all options. Mares/Dacor takeover didn't just happen overnight. They have had at least 3 years to get things rolling with the new management team. Many divers check out the products on line before ever go to a shop. Finding a current catalogue at the shop sometimes is a problem. If the catalogue are free then they are gone .... some companies even want to charge a $1.00 just to get one of their catalogue. Gone are the days when you could write or call the scuba company and request a free catalogue be sent to you in the mail. Many dive companies don't attend large dive shows such as 'SEASPACE' to handout materials and talk with the diving public because it's "too expensive" these days. If Dacor want to make it then HEAD SPORTS need to give them the resources to do business and compete with the other major brands like Sherwood, Scubapro, Cressi, Aqualung and Mares or they will slip to the status of the "other" sooner than expected. Dacor was a major player in the dive equipment business when Sam Davidson ran the company but since his death the company has slipped so far downhill it's an effort just to regain it's footing. Many shops have dropped it for different reasons .... some stated that poor service and availibality of products for the reason .... while others reflected the attitude of Dacor turning their backs on their loyal customer base by not supplying parts and service for their older products than carried a "lifetime warranty". How can we trust a company that now offers a warranty on their products when they deceided not to honor their previous comitments. Yes the current management have tried to right things with a "trade in" policy but have you notice most older Dacor models are being traded in on new Mares regulators not Dacor. I wonder it it was the lack of a websight to gain information about Dacor products or their REBATE PROGRAM that hurt the exchange program. The Mares websight is 1st class being well designed and easy to find product information and dealer locations.

Ok Mares buys Dacor so everyone is upset with Mares? You can't buy what is not for sale, so who is the real demon here? Phil (Mr. Mares) is here trying his best to take the jabs being thrown and being a gentleman to boot. Sounds like a great attitude to me. I think I saw one post that had Phil on the grassy knoll in Dallas, but that I am fairly sure is just bunk. Mares come out with a trade up policy and that is also no good. I don't get it these compaies are in it for the money and if they are making the tons we all seem to iagine why is the stock trading at $4 or what ever. Good lord people get over it. I have a Viper I purchased in Aug of last year and I love it. I am looking forward to many years of use in the future and if there is money in selling parts I know Mares will be there for me, if there is no money in it well I respect capitalism at it's finest.

Peace

ScubaNorth:
Ok Mares buys Dacor so everyone is upset with Mares? You can't buy what is not for sale, so who is the real demon here? Phil (Mr. Mares) is here trying his best to take the jabs being thrown and being a gentleman to boot. Sounds like a great attitude to me. I think I saw one post that had Phil on the grassy knoll in Dallas, but that I am fairly sure is just bunk. Mares come out with a trade up policy and that is also no good. I don't get it these compaies are in it for the money and if they are making the tons we all seem to iagine why is the stock trading at $4 or what ever. Good lord people get over it. I have a Viper I purchased in Aug of last year and I love it. I am looking forward to many years of use in the future and if there is money in selling parts I know Mares will be there for me, if there is no money in it well I respect capitalism at it's finest.

Peace
"You missed the point" ...... this thread is not about trashing Dacor for the mistakes made in the past but trying to let them know about the problems they are having now. Their new web sight is really bad and does not reflect the progress they have made since the buyout. I was trying to point out the dificulity of obtaining current information about the new Dacor line of products. It is really tuff to find their complete line anywhere including both LDSs and on the online web sellers. Many "old time" divers are still upset about the changes and others divers like ScubaNorth really don't care as long as they don't have any problems. I agree that Phil Mintz has taken a lot of heat for a situation he didn't create but inherited when he assumed his position. He is smart enought to accept constructive criticim and overlook the rest. The problem as I see it is he needs to rebuild the Dacor image and get their products out for the public to see. The old Dacor Corp. spent a lot of money on ads and booths at scuba shows to get their products out in front of the public. A strong websight would be a good step in turning around an image that have suffered in the last few years. I think that if Dacor is going to make a turn around they need a strong presence not only at DEMA but several of the larger "local" shows in regional markets. They not only need their reps to call on all current and past accounts but any new dive shops opening. A good websight with a list of "approved" Dacor dealers would help to direct customer traffic their way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom