Dahab & Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ptan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm diving the Red Sea around start of January. Can anyone give me an estimate water temperature around Dahab and Ras M?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for dive companies in dahab?

And liveonboards from sharm?

I'm looking for ones that are value for money and at the same time not a shonky operator.

Regards,

Ptan

Water temp will be 20-22C in Dahab in January.

I've always dived with Reef2000, though there are plenty of good dive centres including Red Sea Relax, Nesima and Poseidon to name just 3.

Thanks Druid. was planning on just wearing my shortie but maybe not at that temp.

Do you think i can just rock up and dive with them or would places be full around that time of the year? have you done a liveaboard there? do you know if it's worth it?

Yep, you can just turn up, fill in the paperwork and go diving, though an email a couple of days in advance would make life easier. January is pretty quiet, so no problems there.

Dahab is all shore diving, so no, I haven't done a liveaboard :wink:

Ptan,
There's a live-aboard doing the gulf of Aqaba (from Taba till Tiran) in 6 days. If you choose to do that, then don't do Dahab because it's already included.

If it's your first time in Egypt, I suggest that you dive Dahab, Ras Mohamed, Abu Galoum (camel dive safari), and the Thistlegorm on daily diving basis.

In case you need any help with organizing your trip, drop me a line.

We've used Reef 2000 in Dahab- look out for that old Land Rover if it's not dead yet- and Camel in Sharm. Both V good.

We've used Reef 2000 in Dahab- look out for that old Land Rover if it's not dead yet- and Camel in Sharm. Both V good.

The landy is (finally) dead

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom