Dale Hollow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone ever dive Dale Hollow Lake? Sounds like it would be an interesting weekend of diving right here in the bluegrass state and a chance for me to get together with soem fellow divers.

I have heard of it and I have heard that there is some good diving down there. There is a thread somewhere on the board about it and I think ScottSpencer has dove down there, but I could be wrong.

We could work on a trip down there if anyone is interested. The only question is when.

A couple other thoughts: Gilboa is probably about the same distance for you if not shorter and Joe's Falling Rock Quarry in LaGrange (near Louisville) is definatly shorter, however, it is closed for the winter. So I hope you will join us for some of those trips as well.

So lets hear it Pirahna, when do we want to go to Dale Hollow?

Chad

Well the only diving I am planning this winter is a week in Florida between Xmas and New Years. I was thinking more along the lines of next summer.

BTW, what is falling rock like. I have only been to Gilboa and Portage in Ohio, but LaGrange is a lot closer so it would be nice.

It isn't bad. There are some things to see and some great people go there alot (me :D) It isn't real big but it is nice for a day of diving when you don't want to be gone all weekend, or even when you do.

chad

cstreu1026 once bubbled...
Well the only diving I am planning this winter is a week in Florida between Xmas and New Years. I was thinking more along the lines of next summer.

BTW, what is falling rock like. I have only been to Gilboa and Portage in Ohio, but LaGrange is a lot closer so it would be nice.

White Star Park...only about half an hour from gilboa, but only 1/100th of the divers on the weekend. Plus there's a neat rock crushing tower to go through, there's a ruffels truck, and a police car (allegedly).

sorry to be the blonde here but where is Dale Hollow??
- A J

It is on the Kentucky Tenn. line.

Chad

Dale Hollow is great! Not only is the scenery beautiful but it has some great diving as well. When it was built they flooded an old town so some of the foundations are still there to dive on. You can also get some good deep dives in off of Diver's Rock. If you would like more information e-mail LouisvilleDive@aol.com (it's for the Louisville Dive Center) and we will be happy to provide you with some info.

how deep do you mean....

I consider 80 feet and beyond deep. I've been as deep as 120, but don't want to be spending too much time beyond 80 feet with just a single AL 80....not to mention, what is are temps in the Dale Hollow dive site.

We definetly need to get a trip set-up to dive this place in the spring / early summer.

I have heard it is real deep. Deeper than Trimix deep. But I don't know for sure.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom