Dale Hollow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But I am QUITE the camper, I spent 2 weeks in a tent for my honeymoon, thank you very much and it was the husband who wanted to camp somewhere that had SHOWERS!

We even camped on the 19 foot ski boat for 2 nights on Lake Powell and took my little sister with us for that adventure! I'm just as happy curled up in my sleeping bag on my sleeping pad under a clear sky even though I've got quite a nice little set-up now. We do need a new tent though, his old one has had it.

I LIKE camping! Especially when we take the boat and the dog!
Ber :bunny:

looks like big-t stepped in it:D

Better hope you don't have Ber on staff when you do your ITC:eek:

I was just razzin ya for the time we had some seriously inclement weather at Gilboa...you, mama-G, and a bunch of other students retreated to a hotel...of course had brian and I had the cash...we would have to. However, we were the only group who was able to get a fire going and keep it going all night up there...god love diesel...

jbd once bubbled...
looks like big-t stepped in it:D

Better hope you don't have Ber on staff when you do your ITC:eek:

She's pretty harmless...that is unless your mask is blacked out and she has a good sized piece of nylon rope that she's busy tying around your buddy...who also has a blacked out mask.

I'll never forget that....it took me what seemed like 10 minutes to get that sucker undone....

oh yeah...no one has sharper knives than ber...guess I should watch my step just a tad.

it could and would be so much worse if she was to staff an ITC and had "revenge" in mind:wink:

The annoying things about me and revenge:
1) If you deserve it you'll get it
2) I'm patient, it could happen YEARS from now
3) I'm CREATIVE about it!

Hey T, mama G and I spent a night in the "tower" at Gilboa with some students during a thunderstorm a few years back. That was when the roof still leaked and there weren't any sides to speak of on the thing. We've done our time, it's nice to be able to afford to sleep where it's DRY! I'm sure you'll take your turn when the time comes!

Unfortunately when it comes to fire I couldn't start one with a flame thrower in a gasoline factory :rolleyes:
Ber :bunny:

not to anger her. :)

Chad

ckharlan66 once bubbled...
not to anger her. :)

Chad

Chicken.....

Ber-

How was Florida? hopefully warmer than it was here. Welcome back to the icy midwest.

Ber-

By the way, the wednesday night class is FULL....there are 16 registered, but 23 showed up the first night of class. We had 3 or 4 to a lane for the swim & float test last week....

Should be fairly interesting to see how many we can actually accomodate. Instructor Brian hopes that a few will drop, Assistant Instr. Jim likes his digital camera and is looking forward to teaching more, DM Brian is looking forward to helping out (sort of), DM Barry is excited b/c it's been a long time since there were that many in a class, DM Big-T will prpbably be a surface support guy (he has to bring the daughter), plus the usual crew is there (little taphorn, nick (Dive locker jockey), & jeff).

CRIIIIIIIKKKEEEEYYY Glad my first class wasn't that size! Wonder what spring quarter will be like?

Florida was COLD! It felt colder there than it does here! We did have one warm day and took full advantage of it with an airboat ride in the everglades. I got to pet a dolphin!

We went canoeing on the Weeki Wachee (spelling?) River. Boy would that be a cool drift dive! Most of it is shallow but there are a few holes and the water is 72 degrees year round! The manatees were in when we were there and we saw 6 small ones (juveniles?).
Ber

Back
Top Bottom