Dale Hollow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For 15'- 20' viz most people aren't going to take a camera unless there is something special. At least that is the way I am with video. From what I understand of Dale Hallow most everything is either real shallow or 60'+. At 60' you are probably going to need lights which is going to start causing problems with back scatter.

Count me in whenever you go if you do go. I am craving the water. I'm also planning a trip to Laurel Lake really soon, I will keep you all posted.

Hi!
We dive Dale Hollow Lake weekly. Now that the flood waters are down the viz is getting real clear! It is improving almost daily! Dale Hollow Lake is spring fed, so, if you go to the right spots, the viz is great! I have many photos of the lake. It isn't Bonaire for sure but we have a lot of fun!
At the present, Willow grove is the only place on the lake with tank fills. We are able to get air for dives who come our way. If you are ever around, let us know. We can help ya out!

Last edited:
I just got an email back from Lori at info@willowgrove.com (listed from Willow Grove Resort & Marina on Dale Hollow Lake, TN website) according to her, "The Dive Shop owner has closed his business. Here at Willow Grove, we are still renting boats." I am waiting to hear back from her about air fills. Does anyone else know if Willow Grove is still diver friendly or of any other dive operations on the lake?

There are no other dive shops on the Lake in the Northern Tennessee area. I do not know about further into Kentucky.
We offer gear and tanks but we are not "on the lake". Dale Hollow Lake is a lot fun to dive. Donny, I hope your group is able to work something out! If I can be of more help please let me know.

For 15'- 20' viz most people aren't going to take a camera unless there is something special. At least that is the way I am with video. From what I understand of Dale Hallow most everything is either real shallow or 60'+. At 60' you are probably going to need lights which is going to start causing problems with back scatter.

I have posted several pictures from our dives.
Past 40 feet or so it is black. Cameras would be a joke without a LOT of lights but the water is super clear. We are diving dry this year, so when the algae clears up, we are looking forward to some better visibility deeper.
I also have pictures on our Facebook page. Dale Hollow SCUBA friends on FB...look us up!

Sunset Marina is easy to access and IMO, has more diverse opportunities...

Been going to Dale Hollow for years. Just got certified last year and looking forward to diving. I contacted Willow Grove Marina last week and they said that they fill tanks for $10. I believe the SCUBA store at Willow Grove has closed though so they may only fill tanks, I haven't seen it open in years.

I may be interested in making a trip down there this winter or next spring. Google shows a max depth of 130 feet. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks

Lobo

I'm only about an hour and a half or so from the Kentucky state park part of the lake (north). I really want to dive there but didn't think there was a place to get air fills. Good to know they still do that. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom