Damn! I'm a good husband!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
Seven months ago we (my wife and I) decided it was time for us to have a child. We were close to be four years into marriage, not to mention almost seven years as boyfriend and girlfriend.

As the firsts months went by it was quite difficult for me to be away from the water. I felt like, literally, as a fish out of the water. Nevertheless I decided not to go into the water w/o my wife (she's my diving partner), not only in support of her, but to not to worry her.

I'm just elated on becoming a father. I just cannot put it into words....but man!! these last months have been so difficult :pity_part !!! I'm just like a junky looking for his fix :jaws:

Well, I guess I'll have to hold on :scared:

Hey, there's nothing like being a father. If you're hoping to have a lot of free time, you'll be waiting awhile (about 18-20 years). I admire your commitment to your wife. Hopefully you'll be able to dive soon.

Scott Riemer:
Hey, there's nothing like being a father. If you're hoping to have a lot of free time, you'll be waiting awhile (about 18-20 years). I admire your commitment to your wife. Hopefully you'll be able to dive soon.

Thanks! I just can't wait.

becoming a Dad is seriously cool Bebo, enjoy it and forget about the little sacrifices, they mean nothing compared to the first time He/she calls you Daddy or falls asleep in your arms..

Bebo - I have to totally agree with Mark. I've got one boy going on 2 years old and another due in a few weeks (due jan 16, but the wife is already complaining of rubberband hips :wink:)! Over the past two years I can tell you that they've been the best of our lives!

A rule of thumb my wife and I live by is to integrate our kids into what we do, not to stop doing it because we have kids. We still dive (well, some dive buddy I am, I keep knockin her up right?!), hike, travel, go to the beach, etc., all while keeping our boy involved. Since kids love to mimmic, you can imagine just how much he does. :D

Thanks a lot guys! Your words are really inspiring. I strongly believe in what CBulla says about integrating the kids into what you are doing.

Cancun mark, man...your words just made my eyes water, beautiful!

...and Scott, I also hope we'll be divin' soon, hehehehehe.

bebo:
Seven months ago we (my wife and I) decided it was time for us to have a child. We were close to be four years into marriage, not to mention almost seven years as boyfriend and girlfriend.

As the firsts months went by it was quite difficult for me to be away from the water. I felt like, literally, as a fish out of the water. Nevertheless I decided not to go into the water w/o my wife (she's my diving partner), not only in support of her, but to not to worry her.

I'm just elated on becoming a father. I just cannot put it into words....but man!! these last months have been so difficult :pity_part !!! I'm just like a junky looking for his fix :jaws:

Well, I guess I'll have to hold on :scared:
wanna sell your dive gear???lol

well, at least the babies in the water :D , I think it's a tremenduos thing your doing for your wife. If I ever got my hubby knocked up :laughing: I don't know if I could do the same..

BTW, congrats!!!

alemaozinho:
wanna sell your dive gear???lol
...and preety cheap, I guess!, hehehehehe

baitedstorm:
If I ever got my hubby knocked up :laughing: I don't know if I could do the same..

BTW, congrats!!!

Hehehehehe,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom