DAN: Sanitize equipment with 10% bleach solution.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Steramine is not toxic. It's actually used heavily in food service industries for that reason. I'm aware of it as it's one of the main products sold to sanitize your rebreather loop. The breathing hoses and counter lungs of a CCR is sort of like a tuba. Full of moisture and spit and a prime medium for growing funky bugs. A steramine spray or dip will kill most virus and bacteria, but you eat from it and breath through it.

This will be soundly rejected by the DIR community as the presence of bleach could result in some pieces of gear not quite being black enough. The DIR solution is to be in such ridiculous shape that the coronavirus will retreat in horror and find a weaker host.

Only 40% of men claim to wash their hands after going to the restroom. I have on many occasions witnessed simultaneous texting and urinating in the airport men’s room. Then there are those FaceTime conversations in the stalls. Hard to wash a phone.
Nah, all major phone brands made for the past several years are waterproof. I rinse my samsung phone in rubbing alcohol and then water about once every week or two. If it's in a case, you will want to remove the case so the alcohol gets everywhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom