DAN SMB leaking pink liquid???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuzzyNutz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I was rinsing off all my gear and the water in my tub started turning pink... BRIGHT PINK!! After a lot of confusion, I notice it's coming from inside my DAN SMB. I checked out their site and it doesn't say anything about a dye marker being in there... any clue as to what it might be??

That seems so interesting! I did some searching on google earlier and found an old thread that said the same thing, but nothing was discussed about it. It seems so weird that it would go from orange to a bright radioactive looking neon hot pink! I felt all around inside and it's empty. Filled it up with water about 5 times and now it seems fine again. For a while I was thinking a friend played a trick on me! lol

This happens with my DAN SMB as well. Anything that was white is now bright pink from color bleed, including a t-shirt I had at the bottom of my dive bin.

I've probably rinsed it 20-40 times now and it still continues to bleed color every time I wash it.

Same here. Wish they'd invested more in this. I don't think I'll buy from DAN again.

yup - I've had mine for 3 years - never had this issue. In key largo a few weeks ago it bled like a stuck pig.

I have a non DAN SMB. It also used to bleed when I would hang up to dry. Don't know if same company as makes them for DAN or not. Does not bleed much any more but it has gotten a lot paler.

DAN advises to stop the bleeding by applying pressure.

Seriously, it kind of irks me that I paid a premium based on my mistaken belief that the DAN name on a safety device was some sort of guarantee of it being the best. The color bleeding is completely unacceptable for something with the DAN name on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom