Dan Volker's Hockey Fin Evaluation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is a picture of the Hockey Fins in the new material. The short fins are intended for Search & Recovery divers - to minimize entanglements

2-l-hockey-jpg.424141.jpg

You got me, seems like the focus has been our new web site. A Force finner Bob Denton made our web site when their only 250,000 pages up, years and years ago. I know some Hockey fins and Flying Force fin was made but I think they are on hold for sales till the new web site is up. Looks like with in a week.. Been traveling on new projects. Thanks, bob

“Looks like with in a week” in April 2017. What a joke.

Website still looks like 1996. Another joke.

“Looks like with in a week” in April 2017. What a joke.

Website still looks like 1996. Another joke.
Some of us like their fins quite a bit. It’s not clear what you are gaining by poking at their business marketing for being less effective.

Lamenting makes sense. Asking for product info makes sense. Poking at does not seem to make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pnd
Some of us have tried a couple of models of Force Fin and have not found the right one, but have kept an open mind. I would like to try the Hockeys, and will try to arrange to do so.

Some of us like their fins quite a bit. It’s not clear what you are gaining by poking at their business marketing for being less effective.

Lamenting makes sense. Asking for product info makes sense. Poking at does not seem to make sense.

I love my FFs. Always have. I’ve got four pairs. I’ve been a FF evangelist for years. I did 4 dives with my “new” FFs today. I recommended them to 3 divers who were also wearing them on the boat today.

Putting that aside, this does not change the fact that Bob is a brilliant engineer and lousy marketeer. Bashing me in public and calling Dan V. out as one of the reasons that FFs have not succeeded is laughably stupid and makes no business sense. Sorry, it’s just plain cringeworthy and dumb. He should have someone parse his posts for anger before posting publically. Most of his posts are rancid unintelligible gobbledygook.

Forcefins are a classic example of why a brilliant engineer should not also be the CEO and Sales & Marketing head of a company.

Absolutely fantastic fins but no idea how to promote or market them. Imagine how popular they could have been if Bob had hired good marketing and sales people from the outset. I bought my first pair from LeisurePro after they were dumping stock after being frustrated by FF. Such a pity.
Totally. He doesn’t even have a relation with the local Scuba club in Santa Barbara to run demos or such. Talk about missed opportunities.

Bob is whatever marketer he is. He does seem an effective designer and engineer.

If you know he does not always respond as the best marketer for his fins, and you like his fins, I'm not sure why you would not pick a more effective form of communication on his sub-forum. Poking at him does not seem likely to get a positive response.

Reactions: Pnd
Poking at him does not seem likely to get a positive response.

Him poking at me is unlikely to elicit a positive response either. But I’ve already said that, right?

Despite whatever he said, I still love my Force Fins and will never give them up. Kudos to him for having developed the best and most under-rated fin in the past 20 years.

Time to let this die. Over and out from Cozumel.

Back
Top Bottom