Darren Rordam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

syntaxerrorsix

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Coast Guard searching for missing diver

The U.S. Coast Guard is searching the Gulf for a diver who disappeared about 18 due miles due west of Anna Maria Island.

The man, who has not been identified, was spear fishing with three friends and was due to return to the boat at 10:45 a.m., according to the Coast Guard. The friends called for help when he failed to show at the agreed-upon time.

The four launched their boat earlier today from the ramp at Fort Desoto Park in Pinellas County.

A Coast Guard said they found the man's dive gear floating, but there has been no sign of the diver.

The search is continuing.

update...
The search was called off Saturday afternoon after other divers located the submerged body of 31-year-old Darren Rordam.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow....here's to good thoughts....

Here in Washington with our cold dark waters it is always a fear that someone will not return even though we try to stay buddied up the best we can. We will pray for his safe rescue and for his family.

So sorry to the family for loss of their loved one........ I can just hope he went doing what he loved. To bad our prayers weren't quick enough.

Sadly yes it does. Below is a clipping from the web / and a post about the family that was posted on an in memory of Facebook page. (So I have not personally verified it yet.) I'm assuming it is good however. I did have the pleasure of knowing Darren, and can say that he truly was a great guy.

Darren C. Rordam, 34, of Tampa, Fl passed away July 3, 2009. He is survived by his loving wife of 11 years, Jinah J. Rordam, children, Evan and Lauren, parents, Ed and Mary Rordan, In -laws, Gus and Sally Jimenez, grandmother, Anna B. Rordam and sister, Christina Rordam.

A number of people have asked how they can help his family during this challenging time. OmniPoint has established the Darren Rordam Memorial Fund. Make checks out to the fund & mail Wachovia Bank – Westchase Financial Ctr Attention: Jim Sullivan 12253 W. Linebaugh Ave. Tampa, FL 33626 Thanks in advance to all who elect to help the family out in this manner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom