Dauphin island, gulf shores, orange beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Parksbt

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm new to diving the dauphin island/orange beach/gulf shores area. Does anyone have a suggestion for any particular reefs or rigs to dive and spearfish? I'm hoping to get coordinates for a few public spots. I'll be going out in a 19ft center console boat. Thanks for the help.

Are you on facebook? If you are, send me your FB name/email and I'll send you an invite to our local dive club. It's free & we meet on the 2nd tuesday each month for dinner. Next tuesday the 14th is our next one.

if not, just sent me a PM & I'll get the info to you on where to go. Good way to meet local divers & a few shop owners. Quite a few spearos in this group. Self included, but I'm new to the area & don't know any spots.

Any chance I can get a invite to that facebook group? I'm down in pensacola and just recently got into spear fishing myself

There's several dozen if not a couple hundred public spots within striking distance of the areas you mentioned.

The trolling corridor is fun because you can bump from pyramid to pyramid when the vis is good. They are spaced pretty tight there. There can be a lot of boat traffic there though.

There's a few Liberty ships that hold decent fish and are fun dives.

The super pyramids are cool. You can find clusters of them in groups of 2s and 3s.

All of those spots are public and can be found online. As for spearfishing, we are pretty limited right now on what we can shoot so it's a good time to go lion fish hunting. Good luck out there!

Hi guys! I'll be down in Gulf Shores this coming week, and am wanting to do some spearfishing with my snorkel gear. I found this link: Down Under Dive Shop with what look like a couple spots this could be done from the shore. Do you know of any other spots and or resources for spearfishing around the Gulf Shores area?

Many thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom