Day trip for diving from Disney World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand that the North Florida Cave Country is around 2 hours away from Orlando. For example Ginnie Springs.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your response to the OP. If my assumption that Florida cave country diving involves cave diving please note that the OP has 25 or fewer dives. Probably NOT cave certified.I asked the same question a while back and got suggestions of Blue heron bridge something and Jupiter beach area. Oh, and the aquarium in Epcot. Pricey at $175 but sounds interesting.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your response to the OP. If my assumption that Florida cave country diving involves cave diving please note that the OP has 25 or fewer dives. Probably NOT cave certified.I asked the same question a while back and got suggestions of Blue heron bridge something and Jupiter beach area. Oh, and the aquarium in Epcot. Pricey at $175 but sounds interesting.

Thanks Farside. You are correct. I didn't notice the number of dives. I didn't intend to suggest that someone without proper training enter an overhead.

However, now that I think it through, in a place like Ginnie, OW divers can be found in the pond. They just need to exhibit self control and not enter the cavern. Its a beautiful wooded area to bring the family to swim and picnic. The reason that I thought of it is because I have done that. I have been to Ginnie on multiple occasions, for diving and for just swimming, and have yet to enter an overhead.

True, I'm not cave certified. So far I've found Crystal River, which offers some diving along with snorkel trips to see manatee, and New Smyrna Beach, where a place called Sea Dogs offers dives to some wrecks. Anybody have experience there?

I have done the EPCOT dive many times and find it to be a good bit of fun. The best part is that your family/kids can actually watch you dive and interact with you while you are in hte tank. I found that to be a lot of fun:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom