Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the Jan. 2019 Scuba Board Surge event, I fondly recall Curacao as a place with varied topside terrain (granted arid, not rainforest!), beautiful oceanfront accommodation options with protected beaches which can be great for families, and lusher reef than I expected and plenty of smaller creatures (20+ squid on one dive but not all small stuff; over 10 boat dives saw 1 eagle ray, 1 hawksbill & at least a few green sea turtles, 1 big green moray eel).

P1170083_zpsbhjniipw.jpg

IMG_0892_zpsjhht7exb.jpg

IMG_1043_zps0lincnlm.jpg

IMG_5413_zpsqxkcbbrk.jpg

IMG_5176_zpsqrh0p4mk.jpg

IMG_5458_zpsabbxwkrl.jpg

IMG_5330_zpsjzywbic6.jpg

And I have rarely seen so many anemones.

IMG_5026_zpslrfnyt4k.jpg

With topside attractions like Willemstad generally and the Curacao Sea Aquarium, there's a pretty wide variety of entertainment options appealing to an array of travelers. One of those destinations where divers and non-divers traveling together don't have to compromise much.

Richard.

From the Jan. 2019 Scuba Board Surge event, I fondly recall Curacao as a place with varied topside terrain (granted arid, not rainforest!), beautiful oceanfront accommodation options with protected beaches which can be great for families, and lusher reef than I expected and plenty of smaller creatures (20+ squid on one dive but not all small stuff; over 10 boat dives saw 1 eagle ray, 1 hawksbill & at least a few green sea turtles, 1 big green moray eel).

Great photos, Richard! Thanks for sharing!

Shore diving still frowned upon there? Or are there shops that’ll rent you a cylinder?

Are you thinking of another island? Shore diving is great in CUR and set up for it.
Sorry, I own an iPhone and sometimes it types different words than I spelled.
I meant solo diving, is that still frowned upon?

Ok. Got it. I think the answer is it depends but my experience has been that it is getting more accepted. Gowest out in Westpunt permits it (at least for shore diving) if you have the cert and have redundant air (despite what their website states). Same for Bdiving at Cas Abao. Staying out in Lagun and Westpunt, I have had no problems renting tanks and heading out on my own for solo.

Back
Top Bottom