Daytona Beach florida information request

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanbound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for some information on diving around Daytona Beach in May. I'll be down there for a business conference and have one day in the middle of the week that I would love to dive. any information on dive shops, dives to do, must sees, that sort of thing would be greatly appreciated.

I am sure there is some sort of diving in Daytona, though I never hear much about it.... but many folks I've met from the Daytona Beach area routinely come down to Jupiter or WPB (or further south) or drive over to the springs. Some go up to Jacksonville in the summer for spearfishing. A buddy was visiting Florida a few weeks ago and did some investigatiton with dive shops in the Daytona area, since that is where his business meetings were taking place, and all of them recommmended he drive south (which is where he usually dives with me). That's what he did and we had a great time in Pompano.

Best bet may be SeaDogs Dive Center out of New Smyrna Beach.

There are some Dive Ops out of Jax here as well. As far as St. Augustine, may suggest calling up Sea Hunt Scuba and talk to them, may be able to help you out as far as finding a dive charter. One thing is for sure, for the most part, Shore dives aren't really about this area since the Viz is really horrible (at least for Jax).

thanks, how far of a drive is it to Jupiter or BHB from Daytona? I love diving the bridge but will be in conference till about 6 on Tuesday, then return on Wens around 9 so not looking to do a lot of driving. Has anyone used Sea Hunt Scuba?

thanks, how far of a drive is it to Jupiter or BHB from Daytona? I love diving the bridge but will be in conference till about 6 on Tuesday, then return on Wens around 9 so not looking to do a lot of driving. Has anyone used Sea Hunt Scuba?

Your looking at least 3-4 hrs one way.

I am looking for some information on diving around Daytona Beach in May. I'll be down there for a business conference and have one day in the middle of the week that I would love to dive. any information on dive shops, dives to do, must sees, that sort of thing would be greatly appreciated.

If your going out of Daytona, then Go Sea Dogs in New Smyrna Beach. They are a good group and will treat you right. Going north from daytona, you won't find any charters until Jacksonville. I think they go by the name of Offshore Charters and my experience with them is thy are a no frills outfit that let you dive however you want.

Daru

3-4 hours is a bit much. I will check out go sea dogs. If diving isn't that great around there, guess I may have to figure out something else to do. would much rather dive though

Actually, the diving off shore is really good, just not shore diving.

It depends on how fast you drive: Daytona is about exit 270 on I-95 and Jupiter is exit 87. If you drive 80 or so (not saying I do that or recommend it!), you can make it in well under 3 hours for highway driving. Jupiter Dive Center is about 10 minutes from exit 87.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom