DC 2000 Firmware 1.08 Beta available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just loaded this. Seems OK in above water testing so far, unfortunately RAW+JPEG is as slow as ever. I just did a test taking 5 shots as fast as I could and it way 34 seconds until the last finished writing.

Please Sealife, see if you can improve this. Even letting me choose to just shoot RAW (without the JPEG being saved and processed) should help a little!

Octopus don't wait around for the RAW shot to be written to the card.

Note: if someone is tempted to suggest getting a faster Micro SD card - that is not the issue - all review on the web I can find have similar results.

BETA v1.08 includes the following improvements:

• Infinity focus setting will lock the focus so all objects beyond 3ft/1m shooting distance are in focus on land or underwater. The Infinity focus setting with all previous firmware versions may sometimes focus on objects at closer shooting distance resulting in faraway objects being out of focus. Note: The Continuous AF setting will be disabled (greyed out) when focus is set to infinity. It is recommended to use infinity focus setting when shooting subjects beyond 3ft/1m to ensure the intended subject is sharp and in focus.

• Infinity focus setting also applies to recording video. Focus settings with previous firmware versions only applied to pictures and not video. Note: The Continuous AF setting will be disabled (greyed out) when focus is set to infinity. Macro and Super Macro focus settings only apply to pictures and not to videos. When not using infinity focus setting for video recordings, the camera will auto focus on subjects between 3.5”/9cm to infinity. • Improves focusing accuracy when AE-L (auto exposure lock) is enabled.

• Prevents internal glare when manually setting exposure for extreme low light conditions (i.e. F1.8 aperture; 15 sec shutter speed; ISO 25,600).

• Includes all improvements from BETA firmware version v1.04 and v1.03, listed below.

BETA v1.04 improvements
• Focusing accuracy when shooting in Super Macro focus

Back
Top Bottom