DC 600 Digital Strobe Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireDiver443

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hiya folks!

I've broken the wire harness from the flash intensity control on my digital strobe at the connection to the control. Is this user servicable (as in replacing the old harness with a new one that I order from you)? If not, what must I do to return my strobe to service?

Thanks!

John

Harness? Do you mean the Flash Link? Flash Link | Sealife Cameras

If so, yeah - buy one and replace it yourself easily. I don't know if Sealife sells such direct, but your dive shop or supplier should offer it.

Actually, it's a different component. Open the lid (carefully... not like I did after riding in the hold pressurized it making opening it a battle, which led to the issue in the 1st place) of the SL961 and you'll see a wiring harness that runs from the rheostat (flash intensity adjustment knob) to a 5-prong white female fitting that plugs into the strobe assembly under the pre-flash controls (3 grey wires, 2 black).

Hat's off to Dennis who's been FANTASTIC today helping resolve this problem. Not only do I now know which wire to connect where to repair this myself (headed to Roatan in a couple days and while video is great, a few stills won't break my heart) but a new lid and hinge pin is already enroute to me.

John

I had they same problem, glad you got it fixed.

Good for you. I am such a klutz that I get my sewing machine guy to change my dive computer batteries. I do leave my housing unlatched on planes tho, and carry the camera separately. I think I left one latched once, and wished I hadn't.

Back
Top Bottom